The Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers’, KUPPET, National Chairman Hon. Omboko Milemba has warned the Kenya National Examinations Council Chairman, Prof. George Magoha, against stereotyping teachers by claiming that they are planning to cheat in the forth coming National Examinations. Milemba says comments by the KNEC chairman were eroding the trust and confidence of the public and learners on teachers; especially when he claims that a section of teachers were planning to assist candidates to cheat in the National examinations.
“Kenyan teachers are ready for examinations. We have prepared the learners to sit the exams. It is the Kenya National Examinations Council that is not ready,” said Milemba. Milemba wondered why Magoha was concentrating too much on teachers and avoiding solving urgent matters. “We want him (Magoha) to tell us the fate of those students who were at various schools in Narok, that have been closed. What plans does he have for these children. We want him to tell us which centres will accommodate these candidates,” Milemba warned.
Milemba also wanted the exams council to tell Kenyans the fate of candidates at the demolished schools in Kibra.
The KNEC Chairman, last week, sensationally claimed that the council was investigating over 30 schools for examinations cheating plots. With days to count, to commencement of the examinations, KNEC is yet to make public the names of schools and individuals on its radar for suspected exam cheating.
Uncertainty continues to rock the education sector as teachers’ unions and TSC continue to trade in a war of words concerning unresolved labour matters facing teachers. On its side, KNUT wants TSC to stop the Delocalization exercise, eradicate the Performance appraisal programme and promote teachers who have attained relevant higher qualifications. While, KUPPET on the other hand is promising industrial action if TSC renews the contract for the ineffective AON medical insurance scheme for teachers.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number