The Ministry of Education has given stringent regulations to the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, candidates on form one selection. Via a circular dated 24th June, 2019 Education Principal Secretary Dr Belio Kipsang instructs the candidates to select 11 Schools in total from the four categories of schools; National, Extra County, County and Sub- County schools. This comes after the Education Secretary Prof George Magoha directed the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, to open the registration portal to enable the candidates to revise their form one choices by end of July. This is a departure from the past where learners preferred to revise their choices in second term.
Dr Kipsang notes that three main criteria will be used to place learners in form. Emphasis will be laid on Learner’s performance at KCPE, Form one choices, Equity and Affirmative action. He has also urged the 1,088,986 KCPE candidates to be keen on the gender code to avoid scenarios where male learners are placed in female schools. “Care should be taken to avoid candidates choosing special schools yet they have no disability,” advised Kipsang.
The candidates are supposed to choose 4 national schools, 3 extra county schools, 2 county and Sub county schools.
Admission to Starehe Boys’ and Starehe Girls’ Centres will be different though as learners from needy back grounds are to be given preference. “Unless a student is from a needy back ground, they may not get placement in the school,” says Kipsang. he further adds that to be considered a learner must have chosen the school as his/ her first choice and filled an admission form (Yellow form) provided by the schools by 31st July, 2019.
KNEC has at the same time set the timelines for verification of the Schools choices by candidates, which will be done at school level. “This is to inform you that the Kenya National Examinations Council KCPE registration portal has been opened from 24th June to 31st July 2019 to facilitate verification and editing of candidates’ school choices by the headteachers,” directs Dr Mercy Karogo, the KNEC Chief Executive Officer, in a circular dated 24 June, 2019 and sent to all school head teachers.
According to Dr Karogo, Headteachers should liaise with the parents/guardians of the candidates to ensure that the secondary school choices are correctly captured as per their wish in the KNEC registration data base.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number