Anxiety is building up as thousands of students who sat for their Kenya Certificate of Secondary, KCSE, exams this year await release of the results. With the making of the scripts having been completed last week, the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is expected to release the results; any time from now.
But, impatient Kenyans have been circulating unverified news concerning the release of the results; with some purpoting that the results were to be released t This prompted the KNEC chairman, Prof George Magoha, to send a strong warning to those circulating the fake news. According to Prof Magoha, the marking exercise is complete and the council is in the process of collating and analysing the results. Once ready, official communication shall be availed to the public. The marking exercise that kicked off on 1st December, 2018, came to a close over the weekend.
A total of 664,585 candidates sat for this year’s KCSE exams in 10,077 examination centres across the country. Of this, 341,089 were boys while, 323,498 were girls.
Last year, 2017, the then Education Cabinet Secretary (Dr Fred Matiang’i) released the KCSE results on 20th December.
Other fake news items being circulated are those showing the grading system that KNEC will use for the 2018 KCSE subjects. The unverified news show that an A for Mathematics shall be from 70% and above, 65% for Chemistry, 60% for Physics etc.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number