The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, has advised parents and guardians to confirm that their kids have been registered for the 2019 National Examinations. This is in a bid to ensure that all learners who are set to sit this year’s Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, and Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, examinations are registered accordingly. “You are requested to advise parents of 2019 KCSE candidates to confirm registration details by sending the candidate’s index number to 20076 from 16/2/2019,” reads an SMS from KNEC.
“The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) would like to notify all parents/guardians and candidates that verification of the 2019 KCPE and KCSE registration details is ongoing between February 18-28, 2019. Verification may be done by sending the candidates index number and exam to 20076, there is a space between index number and exam ie 36613101108 KCSE, 37616057008 KCPE. In case of any anomaly, please contact the Head teacher or Principal of the School immediately before the deadline for correction of the details,” reads the latest presser from KNEC.
Last year, a number of learners failed to sit for the national exams as some schools failed to register them with the council. The registration period for this year’s examinations closes in two days’ time; on Friday, 15th February 2019. The council has already indicated that there will be no late registration for those who would have not been captured by Friday. “Verification of registration data will take place between 18th and 28th February, 2019. Teachers are advised not to sign for their candidates as there will be no window for candidates to sit for any subject as under protest in the 2019 examination,” KNEC warns. Consequently, students will sit for all subjects as would have registered for and there shall be no amendment of the registration details after 28th February, 2019.
A total of 1.7 million candidates registered for the KCSE and KCPE exams last year, in 2018. Of this, 1,060,787 candidates registered for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) while, 663,811 candidates registered for the KCSE examinations in 10,075 centres across the country.
According to the data released by KNEC last week, A total of 1.35 Million candidates had registered for the KCPE and KCSE exams this year. Those registered for KCPE stood at 801,963 in 21,426 centres countrywide; 402,161 are boys while 399,801 are girls.
For the KCSE exams, 556,637 candidates had been registered in 8,861 centres countrywide. Of this number, 282,252 are boys and 274,384 girls.
Currently, KCSE candidates are taking projects in Art and Design (442/3), Agriculture (443/3), wood work (444/2), Metal Work (445/2), Building Construction (446/2) and Computer Studies (451/3). Subject teachers are expected to upload candidates’ scores and pictorial evidence (portfolio) on the KNEC project portal by 31st March, 2019.
KCSE candidates are expected to sit for their theory exams from 4th November, 2019 to 27th November, 2019; according to the 2019 KCSE time table released by KNEC. The candidates will have their rehearsals on Friday, 1st November 2019. Click on this link to download the time table from the official KNEC website: https://www.knec.ac.ke/
The Council has introduced a raft of measures to ensure smooth administration of the 2019 national exams. Read the articles, below for more details:
- Instructions on how to administer and evaluate project based exams in 2019
- Instructions on the registration of the 2019 candidates for KNEC exams
- Do not charge illegal fees when registering candidates for KNEC exams- Heads and Principals cautioned.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number