The Kenya National Examinations Council KNEC) started implementing the policy on issuance of examination results certification letters starting from February 2018.
2.0 THE CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION LETTER are as follows:
2.1 Examinations results certification letter will be issued to an applicant who has done KNEC examination.
2.2 Applicants are expected to complete an application form when requesting for an examination results certification letter and submit it to the Chief Executive Officer, Kenya National Examinations Council,
P.O. Box 73598-00200. City Square, Nairobi.
2.3 The form can be obtained from the KNEC Archives and Records offices, Mitihani House. Mombasa Road or downloaded from the KNEC website www.knec ac.ke
3.0 REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
3.1 Copy of certificate’s) or Result slip); Result slips are applicable for all examinations except CPE & KCPE up to year 2012: KCPE result slips from year 2013 printed from the KNEC website system are acceptable).
Letter of recommendation addressed to CEO, KNEC from the head teacher of school attended or from CDE/SCCE for private candidates and for candidates whose schools have closed down/changed status.
3.3 Original Mandatory Police Abstract indicating loss of certificate(s)
3.4 Original Mandatory Sworn legal affidavit on certificate loss:
3.5 Original Mandatory Letter of recommendation addressed to KNEC from employer (where applicable:
3.6 Original Copy of National ID/Passport or Birth certificate for those under 18 years with a copy of National Identity Card for at least one parent/official guardian.
3.7 Mandatory KNEC Bank Deposit slips:
Submit the original computer generated bank slips together with the handwritten copy (Original)
- KNEC: How to download Contracted Professionals’ letters
- KNEC Contracted Professionals: How to check deployment station and other details
- KNEC: PTE, ECDE, SNE Latest registration instructions
- hKNEC Exam Administration: How to access, mark and print the Contracted Professionals’ attendance Register
- KNEC Exam results and Certificates: How to receive results and certificates from KNEC
- A link to all KNEC portals
- KNEC grading system for all subjects
- Identification, Nomination and selection of KNEC contracted Professionals
- Important information for teachers wishing to train as KNEC examiners
- KNEC: How to assign index numbers to KCPE, KCSE candidates
- tHow to download marking invitation letters for KNEC examiners
4.0 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
The applicant will be required to submit one colour passport size photograph
5.0 DETAILS OF FEES PAYABLE
5.1 The fees required for examination results certification letter is KES 5220/= (five thousand two hundred and twenty only) inclusive of VAT per examination results certification letter
5.2 The lees should be paid at the KNEC collection accounts in the following banks:
(1) Equity Bank
(2) National Bank of Kenya
(3) Co-operative Bank of Kenya
(4) Kenya Commercial Bank
KNEC bank deposit slips are available in these banks. General bank deposit slips are not acceptable)
6.0 COLLECTION OF THE EXAMINATION RESULTS CERTIFICATION
6.1 Examination results certification letter shall be collected in person by the owner upon presentation of the original National Identity Card/Passport Minors should be accompanied by one of the parents/official l guardians with their original Notional Identity Card and original birth certificate of the minor.
6.2 Examination results certification letters that shall NOT have been collected within TWO (2) years from the date of application will be disposed of without further communication and NO refund shall be given.
7.0 FURTHER INFORMATION
Applicants are advised NOT to make any payment before their documents are verified by KNEC.
The examination results certification once issued is NOT replaceable.
KNEC does NOT accept Cheques/Money orders/Postal orders.
Processing of Examinations results certification takes sixty (60) days.
For Post School Examinations Business.
Technical and Teacher all the copies of result slips of modules/parts for the modular courses sat MUST be attached.
Clients MUST prove that their certificates are lost/destroyed before applying for examination results.
Certification letter Incomplete application forms will be declined.
Applicants who do NOT meet the requirements for issuance of examination results certification letter but have paid, shall be refunded the money upon presentation of all original bank slips. The bank slips must be presented within twelve (12) months from the date of deposit.
Bank slips presented after the twelve (12) months from the date of banking will NOT BE ACCEPTED and there will be NO REFUND.
The Names on the National ID/Passport Birth certificate MUST match with those used during the examination.
Applicants who have changed their names legally MUST attach the legal documents used to change the name e.g marriage certificate for women or the copy of Kenya gazette in which the changed name appears (Original), Sworn affidavits are NOT acceptable.
A Confirmation from the registrar of persons on the identity of the applicant MUST be obtained and submitted to KNEC at the point of application (Original)
Applications with/differing examination details will be declined.
Further enquiries may be sent to the Chief Executive Officer, Kenya National Examinations Council Attention: Head of Section, Archives and Records.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number