The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, carries out training of Examiners from time to time. The training of new examiners is informed by: increased candidature, need to replace exited examiners and whenever new exam papers are introduced.
How can one be shortlisted for the training.
To be short listed for training:
1.One must apply via KNEC’s online platform whenever the opportunities are advertised. The applicant must pay the training fees as may be set by the Council from time to time.
2.Must be a practicing teacher and registered with the Teachers Service Commission, TSC.
3.Must be teaching in the relevant subject area.
4.Must have a minimum teaching experience of three years; after the graduation year.
5.Must be an individual with high integrity as stipulated in Chapter’s Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
6.Must be recommended for training by the head of institution.
7.For Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, exams: One Must be a holder of minimum qualification of a P1 Certificate with a mean grade of C (plain) at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams.
8.For KCSE examiners; One must have a minimum qualification of a Diploma in Teacher Education.
9.Should be aged 50 years and below.
- KNEC: How to download Contracted Professionals’ letters
- KNEC Contracted Professionals: How to check deployment station and other details
- KNEC: PTE, ECDE, SNE Latest registration instructions
- hKNEC Exam Administration: How to access, mark and print the Contracted Professionals’ attendance Register
- KNEC Exam results and Certificates: How to receive results and certificates from KNEC
- A link to all KNEC portals
- KNEC grading system for all subjects
- Identification, Nomination and selection of KNEC contracted Professionals
- Important information for teachers wishing to train as KNEC examiners
- KNEC: How to assign index numbers to KCPE, KCSE candidates
- tHow to download marking invitation letters for KNEC examiners
The Council also makes various considerations when selecting examiners for training: regional balancing, age of examiner, gender balancing, work experience and professional qualifications among others.
The training of examiners is fully residential and usually takes about one week. Examiners are provided with meals and accommodation at the selected training centres.
The Council communicates to successful applicants via the Short Message Service, SMS, and E- mail.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
My testimonials delayed to reach the office though I paid for it at the expected time, can I send them? will I be considered? will I get my money back for failing to qualify?