Universities have Students Portals that enable students to get many services online at their convenience. To access the Student Portal, one must be a duly registered student. Once admitted to university, a student is given the Students Portal Log in credentials; Registration Numbers and Password.
To Log onto the Kisii University Students Portal, use the link; https://portal.kisiiuniversity.ac.ke/
Here is a list of some of the common services that students get in the Students Portal, Once Logged in:
- Financials that include information on:
- Fees Statement
- Print Statement
- Proforma Invoice
- Fees Structure
- Academics tab providing information and services on: 1. Time Table 2. Registration for Units 3. List of Registered Units 4. List of Attempted Unit(s) 5. Exam Card 6. Provisional Results 7. Provisional Results / Year
- Hostel Booking; Here you can reserve a room even when you are on recess.
- Password Resetting; In case you forget your Log in Password, you can easily reset it by using this tab.
KISII UNIVERSITY EDUCATION COURSES
The university offers a wide range of education courses in its Faculty of Education.
Bachelor of Education Course Requirements:
Mean grade C+ (Plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects, 2 principal passes at A’Level and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects, Diploma in Education (May be exempted in relevant units). P1 teachers must have scored C+ at KCSE to qualify.
ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
The admissions office is in the academic affairs department. The office is mandated to receive, process, and dispatch admission letters for eligible applicants. Kisii University offers various courses, at different levels ranging from certificates to PhD. Students interested in full-time, evening and weekend modes of study can apply for January, May and September intakes. Those interested in school based programs can apply for April, August and December intakes.
Application forms are obtained from the admissions office at the main campus or from our campuses across the country. They can also be downloaded from our website >>application forms .
The duly filled forms should be accompanied with relevant certificates, a passport size photo and an original bank in pay slip for a non-refundable application fees. The application fees is kshs. 2,000.00 for Degree and enhancement programs, Kshs. 1,000.00 for Diplomas, Kshs.500.00 for certificates and bridging programs.
The filled forms can be returned to: The Registrar Academic affairs, Kisii University P.o. Box 408-40200 Kisii.
They can also be dropped at the admissions office at the main campus or at any of our campuses countrywide. Application fee can be paid in the following Banks;
|Bank||Account Name||Account No|
|National Bank of Kenya||Kisii University Fee Collection Account||A/C NO. 01230035009000|
|Co-operative bank of Kenya||Kisii University Fee Collection Account||A/C NO. 01129297079400|
|KCB LTD||Kisii University Fee Collection Account||A/C NO. 1148599398|
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SCIENCE)
This curriculum is for the Science Teacher Education program. This program was established at Kisii University in response to the continued need for qualified graduate Science Teachers in the Secondary Schools and tertiary institutions. This program is planned in line with the requirements of the current secondary school curriculum. The Bachelor of Education (science) degree. The program is practical oriented in nature, in keeping with practical and vacation of thrust of the current educational system. The faculty of education and human resources offers professional courses for this program. Here are the subject combinations:
Candidates must satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the university Candidates must have a mean grade of C+ and above (or equivalent) and at least a C+ in the subject of specialization OR A level with two principal passes in relevant subjects. In addition, they must also satisfy departmental requirements before registering for a course in the particular department.
- Kisii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kenya Methodist University, kemu, Education and other Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kibabii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Karatina University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kabaraki University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Education courses offered at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, JOOUST, University:Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Universities that offer education courses, teaching combinations, offered, requirements and how to apply for Chuka university courses
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SCIENCE) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AS SET BY KUCCPS Cluster 22 – Education Science & Education Arts
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 1 ENG
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 2 MAT A / MAT B / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 3 BIO / CHE / PHY / BIO / GSC / HAG / GEO / CRE / IRE / HRE
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 4 KIS / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC / HSC / ARD / AGR / WW / MW / BC / PM / ECT / DRD / AVT / CMP / FRE / GER / ARB / KSL / MUC / BST NOTE: A subject may only be considered ONCE in this section
MINIMUM SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- SUBJECT 1: ENG; C
- SUBJECT 2: MAT A / MAT B; C
- SUBJECT 3: BIO / PHY / CHE / PSC / BSC / BIO / GSC: C+
Bachelor of Education(Arts) Admission Requirements
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects chosen,
- 2 Principal passes at A’Leveland1 Subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education.
- P1teachers must have scored a mean grade of C+ at KCSE with at least C+ in two teaching subjects chosen.
Bachelor of Education(Science) Admission Requirements
- Mean grade of C+(Plus) at KCSE with at least C (Plain) in Mathematics and C+ in each of the two teaching subjects or 2 Principal passes and 1 Subsidiary pass at A’ Level in Mathematics,
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Diploma in Education.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (ARTS)
Bachelor of Education Arts in a new four years degree program offered at Kisii University. The program is divided into various sub departments like, Educational Psychology and Counseling, Curriculum and Instructions, Educational Fountains, Administration and Planning, Literature, language and linguistics, Mathematics, economics, business studies and geography.
Associate departments include: philosophy, religious studies and history The program aims at training and producing qualified graduate teachers/educators in order to achieve the national goals and objectives of education and development.
The program is designed to provide adequate opportunities in both theory and practice of education. The program prepares students: To conduct training and carry out research on education and their areas of specialization
MODE OF STUDY
Regular and school based programmes
Requirement C+ aggregate grade in KCSE plus C+ in areas of specialization and minimum of C+ in either English or Kiswahili.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
KUCCPS APPROVED PROGRAMMES ON OFFER AT KISII UNIVERSITY