THE KARATINA UNIVERSITY EDUCATION COURSESThe university offers a wide range of education courses in its Faculty of Education.Minimum University entrance Bachelors Degree requirements
- Bachelor’s degree programmes require a minimum mean grade of C+ (C Plus) in KCSE. OR
- A minimum of Credit Pass at diploma level or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions. OR
- 2 Principal Passes at ‘A’ level obtained at one sitting OR two Principal Passes obtained at different sittings provided the scores are of grade C and above.
- Applicants must also meet additional entry requirement as may be specified by respective departments.
- Applications from mature students will be considered subject to them satisfying the University’s Conditions of Admission.
- Diploma holders in teacher education with a minimum of C+ at KCSE and two years’ experience in teaching.
- P1 teachers certificate holders with a minimum of C+ at KCSE and two years of teaching experience.
School of Education & Social SciencesThe School of Education and Social Sciences aims at producing graduates who will serve in various capacities in the Education sector, Social welfare organizations and Government agencies locally and internationally. This School has positioned itself for the realization of the National Vision 2030 by developing programs that address the social and political pillars envisaged in the vision. The School has five departments namely: – Department of Humanities & Languages – Department of Social Sciences – Department of Education Foundation – Department of Planning and Curriculum – Department of Psychology and Communication TechnologyBesides Education matters, the School also offers courses in Criminology, Community Development, Public Administration, Political Science and Sociology. These courses address the ever-changing political paradigm in the country and the world at large. In this regard, the issues of equity, tolerance, accountability, probity, rule of law, governance, etc, are to be inculcated in the society.Programs Offered: – PhD in Educational Administration – PhD in Geography– Executive Master of Education – Master of Education (Arts) – Masters in Educational Administration – Master of Education (Early Childhood and Primary Option) – Master of Arts in History – Master of Arts in Kiswahili – Master of Arts in Religious Studies – Master of Arts in Literature – Master of Arts in Language and Linguistics – Master of Arts in Geography – Master of Public Administration– Bachelor of Education (Arts) – Bachelor of Education (Science) – Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary Option) – Bachelor of Arts in Criminology, Criminal Justice and Public Safety – Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & Public Administration – Bachelor of Arts in Community Development – Bachelor of Arts in Sociology– Diploma in Secondary Education (Arts) – Diploma in Early Childhood and Primary Education – Diploma in Community Development – Diploma in County and Public Administration – Diploma in Criminology, Crime Prevention & Rehabilitation – Diploma in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies – Diploma in Criminology, Criminal Justice & Security Studies – Certificate in County Administration – Certificate in Criminology, Criminal Justice & Security Studies
- Kisii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kenya Methodist University, kemu, Education and other Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kibabii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Karatina University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kabaraki University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Education courses offered at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, JOOUST, University:Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- UUiversities that offer education courses, teaching combinations, offered, requirements and how to apply for Chuka university courses
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 1 ENG
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 2 MAT A / MAT B / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 3 BIO / CHE / PHY / BIO / GSC / HAG / GEO / CRE / IRE / HRE
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 4 KIS / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC / HSC / ARD / AGR / WW / MW / BC / PM / ECT / DRD / AVT / CMP / FRE / GER / ARB / KSL / MUC / BST NOTE: A subject may only be considered ONCE in this section
- SUBJECT 1: ENG; C
- SUBJECT 2: MAT A / MAT B; C
- SUBJECT 3: BIO / PHY / CHE / PSC / BSC / BIO / GSC: C+
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects chosen,
- 2 Principal passes at A’Leveland1 Subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education.
- P1teachers must have scored a mean grade of C+ at KCSE with at least C+ in two teaching subjects chosen.
- Mean grade of C+(Plus) at KCSE with at least C (Plain) in Mathematics and C+ in each of the two teaching subjects or 2 Principal passes and 1 Subsidiary pass at A’ Level in Mathematics,
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Diploma in Education.
Click here to download our application formClick here to download the Government sponsored Fee structureClick here to download the Self sponsored fee structure – Main campusClick here to download the Self sponsored fee structure – Nakuru campus
ADMISSION PROCEDUREKaratina University has intakes in January, May, and September for Full Time, Weekend and Evening classes. Other intakes are in April, August and December for School Based ProgrammesApplication Procedure: Application forms can be obtained from Karatina University, Main Campus, Karatina University Town Campus (Telkom Building in Karatina Town), Nanyuki Campus (Telkom/Orange Building) or can be downloaded here
Application fee is Ksh. 3,000 for PhD programmes, Ksh. 2,000 for Masters Programmes, Ksh. 1,000 for Undergraduate Programmes and Ksh. 500 for Diploma & and Certificate Programmes. Payments should be made in Bankers Cheque in favour of Karatina University or direct deposit to the University Account: Equity Bank, Karatina Branch, Ac. No. 0040298291603Duly filled application forms (with relevant certificates and application payment slip attached) should be sent to: The Registrar (Academic, Research and Student Affairs) P.O. Box 1957 – 10101 KARATINAOr Email: email@example.com