The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has advertised 25 internship opportunities in various areas of Specialization at its Secretariat. The Interns have up to the 21st of October, 2019 to submit their applications. Here, below, is the advert:
ADVERT FOR INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 237 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
In line with Government Internship Policy, the Commission intends to offer internship opportunity to qualified youth in various areas of specialization to enable them gain practical work experience which will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career life.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
Twenty-Five (25) Internship opportunities in various areas of specialization distributed as follows: –
|S/N||PROFESSIONAL AREAS||NUMBER OF VACANCIES|
|2||Human Resource Management/ Development||7|
|3||Finance and Account||2|
|4||Information Communication Technology, ICT||2|
|5||Corporate Communications/ Customer Care||1|
1) Academic qualifications: –
a) STATISTICIANS/ ECONOMISTS/ RESEARCHERS
Bachelors in Economics, Statistics, or Economics and Finance
Ability to use modern statistical analysis software and technologies.
b) HR MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Bachelors in Social Science preferably in Sociology plus a Higher Diploma/Diploma in Human Resource Management/Business Administration/Management; OR
Bachelors in Public/Business Administration or Social Psychology from a recognized institution with a postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management or Bachelors in HRM/HRD
Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
Diploma from Kenya School of Law (KSL)
d) CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS/CUSTOMER CARE
Bachelors Degree in Corporate Communications/Customer Care, Journalism, Media Studies/Customer Relations
e) INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Business Information Technology.
f) RECORDS MANAGEMENT
Bachelors in Information Science/Records Management.
g) FINANCE & ACCOUNT
Bachelors in Business Field/Administration, Finance, Commerce/Accounting
2) Be a Kenyan youth aged between 21 and 35 years.
3) Must have completed their training and graduated in the last three (3) years from a recognized Institution.
1) Must be a person of integrity
2) Must be goal oriented, dynamic, self-driven and diligent individual.
3) Should possess good interpersonal, communications skills and be a team player.
The Internship positions will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
This is a non-remunerative position, however, the selected Interns will be paid a stipend of twenty-five thousand (Kshs.25,000) per month.
Successful applicants may be deployed either to the TSC Headquarters or County offices.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be submitted online through TSC recruitment portal Website: https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications by Monday 21st October, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is purely an Internship Programme for a maximum period of one year and will not lead to automatic employment at the TSC.
Selected Interns shall be required to have a personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period. They will also be required to have medical insurance cover by the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.
More reading on TSC matters;
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number