The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (ERPA) is established under the Energy Act, 2019, with responsibility for the economic and technical regulation of the electric power, renewable and petroleum sub sectors. The management of EPRA is vested with the Board of Directors which consist of; the Chairperson, the Principal Secretary responsible for Petroleum and Energy respectively, the Principal Secretary in the National Treasury, one County Executive Committee member responsible for energy and petroleum, the Director General, and five board members. The Director General (DG) is responsible for the day to day management of EPRA’s operations. Under the DG is a team of professionals in the fields of Engineering, Law, Communications, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Procurement, ICT among others.
The objective of the EPRA Youth Attachment/Internship is to develop youthful ability to take up employment opportunities in the energy, business and manufacturing sector. The Youth Attachment /Internship provides an opportunity to gain on- the- job experience, increase knowledge, develop career goals and put together professional network..
The Authority therefore invites interested candidates from recognized universities and colleges to apply for internship, industrial attachment and apprenticeship placement..
Successful candidates will be placed in the following Departments or Sections;
- Communications and Public affairs
- Economic Regulation
- Environment Health & Safety
- Human Resources & Administration
- Information Communication & Technology
- Internal Audit
- Legal Affairs
- Renewable Energy
- Strategy, Planning and Performance
An application, attaching the following:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Formal Written Application letter
- University/College Certificate or Completion Letter (for those who have completed and have not graduated)
- A letter of recommendation for attachment from the learning institution (for continuing students)
- Individual performance transcripts
- A copy of the national identity card
Note that a valid copy of student accident cover will be required when starting the internship.
Desired Personal Attributes
- A well rounded individual (flexible)
- A person of integrity
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate
How to Apply.
EPRA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates. Opportunities are available in the departments/sections mentioned under the Internship Objective Section. If interested, Login to the portal, and submit the online application, attaching the requirements mentioned under the Basic Requirements Section, so as to be received on or before the following deadlines:
|Internship Period||Application Deadline|
|January, February, March||December 15th|
|April, May, June||March 15th|
|July, August, September||June 15th|
|October, November, December||September 15th|
Points to note
- EPRA Youth internship/attachment programme is FREE of charge;
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered or reviewed;
- EPRA WILL NOT EXTEND OR OFFER EMPLOYMENT after the completion of the program.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing, directly or indirectly, will result to disqualification.
Persons living with disability (PWD) who have the required qualifications and skills are encouraged to apply.
Visit the official EPRA site to make your application. Click here: https://www.erc.go.ke/vacancies/