This responsibility entails:
- Licensing all systems and services in the communications industry, including; telecommunications, postal, courier and broadcasting.
- Managing the country’s frequency spectrum and numbering resources.
- Facilitating the development and management of a national cyber security framework.
- Facilitating the development of e-commerce.
- Type approving and accepting communications equipment meant for use in the country.
- Protecting consumer rights within the communications environment.
- Managing competition within the sector to ensure a level playing ground for all players.
- Regulating retail and wholesale tariffs for communications services.
- Managing the universal access fund to facilitate access to communications services by all in Kenya.
- Monitoring the activities of licensees to enforce compliance with the licence terms and conditions as well as the law.
You may also like: