PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCTS (OFFENCES)
The following offences/ misconducts may lead to disciplinary action by the Teachers Service Commission:
1. Chronic absenteeism
- -Persistent/repeated absence from duty without permission.
- -Lateness of duty.
2. Desertion of duty
- -Absence from duty for 14 continuous days (without written permission) including weekends and public holidays.
- -Failure to report for posting after expiry of study leave.
- -Proceed on study leave without approval
- -Failure to respond to letters from superiors.
- -Failure to take up posting after disciplinary process/transfer /deployment.
- – Proceeding on transfer without formal release.
- -Failure to forward correspondence by teachers to and from the commission.
- -Failure to handover/takeover an institution upon transfer.
- -Administering corporal punishment.
- -Failure to submit probation report in respect of a newly recruited teacher at the expiry of probation period
- -Excluding a teacher from the time table without authority from the commission.
- -Pecuniary embarrassment including, but not limited to failure to honor financial obligation as they fall due.
- -Failure to submit required reports within the stipulated periods.
- -Failure to adhere to health and safety rules.
- -Failure to complete and submit appraisal report.
- -Refusal to discuss Appraisal Report with the supervisor; or
- Any other form of insubordination that in the opinion of the Commission warrants disciplinary action
4. Negligence of duty
- -Willful neglect to perform any work or careless or improper performance of any work assigned to the teacher.
- -Failure to teach scheduled lessons.
- -Failure to prepare professional documents e.g schemes of work.
- -Allowing examination cheating.
- -Grading fake marks.
- -Failure to perform T.O.D duties.
- -Failure to attend School assemblies and official meetings.
- -Failure to take students for official duty/functions.
5. Infamous conduct in any professional respect.
- -Drunkenness or any form of intoxication during working hours.
- -Fighting in public or any violent behavior that may bring profession to disrepute.
- -Conduct or behavior which contravenes Chapter Sic (6) of the constitution: or
- -Pecuniary embarrassment including, but not obligations as they fall due.
6. Forgery/impersonation/collusion/ Fraud and Corrupt deals/bribery.
- -Causing payment of salary to teachers not on duty e.g deserters, deceased persons.
- -Failure to report offences by teachers.
- -Forged signatures, stamps.
- -Obtaining registration through fraudulent means.
- -Submission of incorrect staff returns.
- -Submission of forged certificates.
- -Misrepresentation/falsifying information.
- -Some exam malpractices/irregularities.
7. Immoral behavior
- -Sexual intercourse
- -Sexual harassment/flirtation/indecent Act.
- -Love relationship
- -Sexual assault.
- -Exposure to pornographic materials.
You may also like: