The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, is set to hire about 10,000 intern teachers this October. This is in a bid to reduce the teething shortages in Secondary and Primary Schools. 4,300 teachers will be recruited on contract basis in Primary schools, while Secondary schools have been given 6,000 slots. The Commission is targeting to employ over 80,000 interns to help reduce the staff shortages in public primary and secondary schools that have been occasioned by introduction of free education.
Those in Secondary Schools will get a stipend of Kes 15,000 per month but which will be subjected to statutory deductions. the Statutory deductions include HELB Loan, PAYE tax, Medical fees (NHIF) and NSSSF; among others. Their counterparts in Primary schools will pocket a gross salary of Kes 10,000 monthly.
In the past, TSC has given preference to teachers employed on contracts when filling permanent and pensionable vacancies. It is expected that the recruited interns would thus be employed on permanent basis when the vacancies are advertised.
According to TSC, among other requirements, those who are seeking to be employed on internship should, generally:
- Be below 35 years of age.
- Have a Personal accident insurance cover.
- Be available during the contract period.
i) Graduate Teachers
Applicants must have a minimum mean grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE and C+ (plus) in each of the two teaching subjects or two (2) principles and one (1) subsidiary pass at ‘A’ Level. In addition, they must have:
a) A Bachelor of Education Degree with two (2) teaching subjects.
b) A Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in
Education(PGDE) with two teaching subjects.
c). Bachelor of Science with Education
d). Bachelor of Arts with Education with two teaching subjects.
(i) Bachelor of Education holders with a mean grade of C Plain and C Plain in the two teaching subjects at KCSE and have undertaken a Diploma i Education or gone through the A level system in the relevant area(s) are eligible.
(ii) Bridging /Pre-university certificates for those who completed the bridging course before December 31St 2015 can be considered.
(ii) Diploma Teachers
Applicants must have a minimum mean grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE or its equivalent with at least C+(plus) (or credit pass) in the two teaching subjects or one (I) principle and two (2) subsidiaries at ‘A’ level. In addition, they must have a Diploma in Education from a recognized teacher training Institution.
NB: Diploma Teachers who graduated on or before 2008 with a mean grade of C (plain) and C (plain) in the two teaching subjects are eligible.
For primary schools, applicants should have a minimun of a P1 Certificate
Interested and qualified candidates have till the 23rd of October, 2019 to tender their applications. The interns will be absorbed for a period of one year. The candidates should meet the following minimum requirements; read details here: https://newsblaze.co.ke/2019-tsc-recruitment-guidelines-for-teachers/
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number