The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers/tutors to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), Primary Teacher Education (PTE Diploma n Teacher Education (DTE Business and Technical examinations. The training will take place between 7th and 13th April, 2019. The venue for training will be communicated to qualified applicants at a later date. The training will be residential.
Each applicant will be required to pay training fee of KES. 10,500 through KNEC Mpesa pay bill Number: 819313 using own registered mobile phone number. For the Account Number, the applicant shall indicate the applicable examination i.e. KCPE; KCSE; PTE; DTE; Business or Technical. The MPESA Reference Number must be captured on the application form in the space provided Qualified applicants will be trained to mark the above examinations. Successful trainees will be incorporated into KNEC Examiners’ database. KNEC will thereafter engage such examiners using criteria for recruitment of examiners based on the needs Teachers/Tutors who are already trained as examiners and are in the KNEC database of
examiners need not to apply for the training
Applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified teachers/tutors as follows:
1.0 KCPE EXAMINATION
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE Examiners in the following papers:
- English Composition
- Kiswahili Insha
CRITERIA FOR TRAINING AS AN EXAMINER
General criteria for all the trainee examiners
- Be a practicing teacher/tutor in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be registered by the Teachers’ Service Commission (TSC) or any
- other professional body
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years.
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the employer.
- Must be recommended by his/her Head of institution/Organization;
- Must be 50 years of age and below.
- KCPE and KCSE Examiners: Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train and a Diploma in Education (and above) for KCSE marking.
- PTE Examiners: Those applying for PTE should have a diploma in education and above.
- DTE Examiners: Those applying for DTE must have a degree in education and above. Those teaching in secondary schools and have masters in education can also apply to be trained as PTE and DTE examiners.
- Business and Technical Examiners: Have a minimum qualification of Diploma in the relevant area of specialization, At least one (1) academic level above the qualification of the examination he/she applies to be trained. (Refer to the specification for each paper.
APPLICATIONS: Applications should reach KNEC on or before 29th March, 2019.
- Applicants will be expected to access the online form using the link;http:// http://cp.knec.ac.ke/training, fill in their respective personal details and print.
- They will further be required to fill in sections 2.0 and 4.0 manually, attach the testimonials listed in the application form and forward to KNEC so as to reach the Council on or before 29th March, 2019.
- Only qualified Teachers/Tutors who have presented all the required documents will be shortlisted for the training exercise.
- All Applications to be addressed to:
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC)
Р.О. Box 73598-00200
SPECIFIC TRAINING AREAS: