Safaricom has now made it simple for Airtel subscribers to buy air time from its Mpesa platform. Airtel subscribers can now buy airtime directly from Mpesa by using a mobile short code. The purchased air time hits the subscriber’s account within a short time. The advantage with this method is that there are no charges involved. The service used is called Tingg.
To purchase Airtel airtime from Mpesa using the procedure below:
- Dial *369# from your Safaricom line and call.
- A message will be displayed thus; ‘welcome to Tingg’.
- From the menu dial option 4 and click on send.
- In the next window enter option 3 and press on Send.
- Then, select option 2 for Airtel.
- Enter your Airtel line phone number, enter amount.
- A message ‘Pay KES.. to Airtel Airtime for account number…’ Select either option 1 to buy airtime from Mpesa or 2 to Edit your choices.
- Next you will see a message; ‘Tingg Checkout: Your request to pay KES… Airtel Airtime has been received’.