Most airtel Subscribers have problems purchasing Airtel airtime/ credit in Kenya. This is because most shops do not stock airtel scratch card. In terms of data and voice, Airtel is cheaper than Safaricom. Airtel’s main undoing/ disadvantage is poor network services, though.
To purchase Airtel airtime, from Safaricom, use the procedure below:
1. Access your Mpesa menu from your Safaricom line.
2. Select Lipa na Mpesa, followed by paybill.
3. Enter the business number as 220220.
4. Now, enter your Airtel phone number as the account and click/ press on ok.
5. Enter the amount of airtime you want to purchase for your airtel line and select ok.
6. Carefully, type in your Mpesa pin and select Ok.
7. Confirm that the entered information is correct and press/ select Ok. Wait for few minutes for Paypal to complete the transaction. Your airtime will be loaded into your Airtel line in a span of about five minutes.