Follow the simplified procedure below to upload KCSE Project marks onto the online Portal for the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC):
- Type https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke into your browser on a computer or smart phone.
- On the Kenya National Examinations Council’s Examination Registration System, click on 2018 PROJECTS.
- On the KCSE- PROJECT/ ORALS/ PRACTICAL window, type in the User Name (School’s KNEC code) and Password as used during KCSE registration of Candidates.
- On the MARKS CAPTURE SYSTEM window, Click on the Project Marks tab and then Select the subject that you wish to upload the raw marks for; from the list of subject codes provided. Now click on GET FILE. This will display the names of all Students registered for that subject; for the centre.
- The displayed list has details of students such as: Index Number and Candidate Name; sorted in ascending order using Index Numbers. Enter the respective marks scored by the candidates into the system under the column indicated as SCORE.
- Once entered and verified, click on Post. The message ‘Marks Successfully posted for Centre:… will be displayed.
- To download the updated list of scores, select on the Report tab at the top of the window, select the subject code and click on View Report. The information will be displayed on a new window titled: PROJECT/ PRACTICAL/ ORAL MARKS. A computer must be used on this step now…
- Check on the export drop down menu icon and select the format to export to i.e PDF, Excel… The mark list will be downloaded automatically into your computer. Locate the mark list on your local storage and print it.
You may also like:
- How to update TMIS data on the TSC-Online System.
2. Simplified procedure for filling KRA returns, online: