|Brochure- SECO AFYA
The Ministry of Education and NHIF signed a contract on 13th April 2018 to offer a unique Comprehensive Medical Insurance Cover for Public Secondary School Students during the duration of Study. Download EduAfya Bochure
Who is eligible?
- Any student in a public Secondary School and is under National Education Information System (NEMIS).
- Any student who is in a Public Secondary School and in NEMIS database and Registered by NHIF.
- Only the Student shall be covered under the scheme and not a Dependent or Parent.
How to Register
- Be a student registered on NEMIS for public school students then the data is shared by Ministry of Health to NHIF
- Biometric registration will be done physically by NHIF at the respective schools
|NATURE OF SERVICE||WHAT IS COVERED|
|Dental Cover||This benefit caters for outpatient dental procedures, which include but not limited to:
|Optical Cover||An optional benefit that caters for expenses related to eye treatment, including the cost of:
|Inpatient||Inpatient shall be on a referral basis from the selected outpatient Health Care Provider. This cover includes medical and surgical conditions which require admission. It includes the following:
|Emergency Road Rescue||Ambulance services for transportation and transfer of a sick member for treatment from a place of incident or facilities where adequate care is not available to the next available NHIF accredited hospital or medical facility within the territorial limits of Kenya.|
|Emergency Air Rescue||Emergency Air Rescue Services will be provided for transportation and transfer of an injured member to an NHIF accredited facility within the territorial limits of Kenya where adequate medical care is available.|
|Overseas Treatment||Treatment costs arising from a condition that warrants treatment overseas because the treatment is not available in Kenya will be covered subject to preauthorization from NHIF.|
|Group Life||Group personal accident cover and last expense|
Terms and conditions apply