Registration of Candidates
Registration of candidates for the KNEC examinations is based on the Regulations and Syllabuses for specific examination which give the guidelines and procedures required for the registration of candidates.
After all the information for the candidates has been keyed online, heads of institutions/schools MUST re-check the online report thoroughly to ensure that it is accurate. The head institution must then download the list of candidates, sign and stamp on the space provided and indicate all other details required in the nominal roll after verification.
The Ministry of Education will remit examination fees for all KCPE and KCSE candidates for both private and public schools. However the following candidates will be required to pay examination fees:-
- KCPE and KCSE private candidates
- Candidate in prisons
- Teacher Education candidates
- Business and Technical examinations candidates
The Registration of the mentioned KNEC examinations is done online.
Registration Of Candidates with Special Needs
The Kenya National Examinations Council has categorized the candidates with special needs as follows:-
- Visually impaired – low vision and blind candidates
- Hearing impaired candidates
- Physically challenged candidates
- Mentally Challenged candidates
Information on the above candidates giving details of index number, subjects and degree of impairment must be captured during registration.Depending on the degree of impairment, the Council will facilitate the candidates appropriately upon receipt of supporting evidence from competent medical authority.
For Candidate Registration visit click the button below:
All Examination fees must be paid through any of the following banks:-
- Co-operative Bank.
- National Bank of Kenya.
- Equity Bank.
- Kenya Commercial Bank.
A candidate is considered duly registered after fulfilling the following:
- Candidate’s details are successfully uploaded onto the registration platform for the specific examination.
- The subjects are duly selected as per subject cluster as stipulated in the regulations governing the specific examination.
- Payment of fees where applicable (examination fees is not refundable or transferable to another candidate nor to another year)
- Submission of all the candidates’ registration materials to KNEC
(Courtesy of KNEC)