EXIT OF TEACHING SERVICE VIA RETIREMENT.
Retirement can be defined as the withdrawal from one’s position or occupation or from active working life. A teacher may retire from the teaching service on grounds of age, public interest or medical condition.
As an employee of the Teachers Service Commission, there is an an expectation of benefits upon retirement. These benefits are referred to as Pensions.
FORMS/TYPES OF RETIREMENT
A teacher can exit service via the following types of retirements:
- Voluntary Early Retirement
- Retirement on Medical Grounds
- Retirement on 10/50 Year Rule
- Retirement in the Public Interest
- Compulsory Retirement on Age Grounds
You may also like: