The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has decided to have teacher trainees in Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs) compete in Drawing Artistic Designs on Patriotism and National unity in response to the Presidential directive on mainstreaming of National Values.
This is in tandem with the provisions of Article 10 of the Constitution which requires state organs to promote National Values and Principles of Governance.
An advert on the competition has been posted on the TSC website and students in the colleges are expected to register by 20th November 2019.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
About the competition
Teachers Service Commission is one of the
institutions charged with the responsibility of mainstreaming national values in compliance with Article 10 of the Constitution. In this regard, TSC invites entries for a competition on artistic expression on the theme: PATRIOTISM OR NATIONAL UNITY.
2). National Unity
Form of expression
The entries should be in the form of either PAINTING, DRAWING, COLLAGE or MOSAIC.
The competition is open to students in Teacher Training Colleges.
Winners will be awarded as follows:
|POSITION||PRIZE FOR CATEGORY 1; PATRIOTISM||PRIZE FOR CATEGORY 2; NATIONAL UNITY|
Further, there will be special prizes as follows:
i) Art material package for best 15 entries
ii) A TSC branded shield for the college
with most entries.
iii) TSC branded shirts/blouses for all the finalists in position one, two and three.
Write your Name, Admission Number, Name of College, Phone number and Category in the forwarding letter of your entry.
1). On the composition include title of the entry, Your Name, Admission Number, Name of College, college rubber stamp and signature of the Principal. Phone number at the bottom right hand side corner of the working space.
This information should not obstruct the work
2). The composition should be on an A3 size paper
3). The work should be done by individual students without assistance. The artwork that cannot be authenticated as individual work will be disqualified
4). Entries should be packed appropriately and submitted on or before 20th November 2019 to TSC headquarters and addressed to;
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION
TSC HOUSE and clearly marked ART COMPETITON 2019.
Terms and conditions
i). You are to submit entries in EITHER 1 OR 2, NOT BOTH.
ii) Originality is expected in all entries and plagiarized pieces will be disqualified.
iii) The judges’ decision will be final.
iv). Proof of student status of the entrants shall be required.
v). The competition entries should be from
individual entrants not collaborations.
vi) All entries will be TSC property and may be used for furtherance of advocacy on National Values.
More articles on Education News;
- KNEC- How to download Contracted Professional’s Invitation Letters
- TSC: Detailed guide on using the new TPAD 2 System
- TSC: How to register for AON medical Scheme services via the mobile phone
- The TSC GP69 Medical Form
- TSC: All forms for TSC leaves
- TSC: Latest Designation codes, salaries and job groups for teachers
- KNEC- Guide on how to successfully register candidates for KCSE, KCPE exams
- KNEC: Grading System for KCSE exams
- KNEC- How to correct KCSE, KCPE registration details for Candidates
- 2020 Term Dates for schools and Colleges
- P1 Teacher Training intake news
- KNEC instructions on Grade 3 Learners Assessment
- How to apply for the Kenya Education Fund Scholarships for all learners
- Gazetted School reporting and departure times for teachers and students: School routine
- Education Ministry’s guidelines on Learners’ Discipline
- KNEC: How to revise form one schools’ selections for KCPE candidates
- KNEC Examiners: Here is all that you need to know
- KUCCPS: Instructions for students on admissions to Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges
- KUCCPS: Inter Institution Transfer guidelines and procedure for students
- HELB: This is all you need to know concerning HELB loans application, processing, disbursement and repayment
- HELB: Procedure for applying for HELB loans online