Tanzania will host the 18th edition of the Federation of East Africa Secondary Schools Sports Associations, FEASSA, games next year. The games that shall be staged in Mwanza will run from 15th to 24th Aigust, 2019. This is contained in a circular by Dr. Belio Kipsang who is the Ministry of Education Principal Secretary. This year’s edition, of the East Africa games, was held in Musanze Rwanda between 12th and 19th August, 2018. Tanzania, who missed this year’s edition, will now prepare to host the other countries from the East Africa region: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan. Kenya were the overall winners of this year’s FEASSSA edition.
In the circular dated 17 September, 2018, Term 1 Kenya Secondary Schools Sports Associations (KSSSA) National games shall be staged in the Coastal region of Mombasa from April 5 to 14, 2019. Term 1 features games in: Basketball, Hockey, Rugby 15’s, Swimming, Handball and Athletics.
KSSSA National term 2 games will come back to the lake side city of Kisumu between 26 July to 4 August, 2019. The 2016 hosts will feature: Rugby 7’s, Netball, Football U16 & U19, Volleyball, Racquet games, Cross Country, Heptathlon and Decathlon. The games shall be staged at Kisumu boys and Kisumu girls at the heart of Kisumu City.
Other disciplines shall be staged as follows:
- Kenya National Drama Festivals: April 2 to 12, 2019: At Western Region
- Kenya National Drama Festival, National Workshop for trainers: November 29 to December 4, 2018 at Nyanza region
- Kenya National Drama Festivals- National Adjudicators training: January 16 to 20, 2019
- Special Secondary Schools National Athletics/ Track events: April 6 to 14, 2019 at the Eastern Region.
- Special Primary Schools National Athletics/ Track events: April 6 to 14, 2019 at the Eastern Region.
- Primary Schools National Athletics Championship: April 7 to 12, 2019, at Kakamega
- National Athletics Trials: Will be held at Kasarani in a yet to be decided date in June, 2019.
- Kids Athletics National Championship: 7 to 12 April,2019, at the Eastern Region (Embu County)
- Kenya National Science and Engineering Fair, 2019: Rift valley region (Nakuru)
- Kids Athletics and Grass root football Regional/ County Coordinators Workshop: February 20 to 24, 2019, at eastern (Embu)
- Kenya Teachers’ Training Colleges National Paralympics and Athletics Championship: May 12 to 20, 2019, at Kakamega County (Eregi TTC)
- East Africa Secondary Schools Championship Athletics Qualifiers Clinic: July 28 to August 4, 2019 at Kisumu County
- Kenya Primary Schools National Ball Games and Gymnastics: July 31 to August 7, 2019.
- Special Primary Schools National Ball Games: July 26 to August 3, 2019 : at the Rift Valley Region (Eldoret)
- Special Secondary Schools National Ball Games: July 26 to 3 August, 2019 at the Rift Valley Region (Kitale).
- East Africa Music, Dance and Drama: shall be held at Uganda, Fort Portal, from 16 to 23 August, 2019.
The National calendar has taken into consideration the Ministry of education’s policy to have sporting activities during the holidays.