The admission process of the 2020 form ones shall be considered complete once their Bio Data has been updated on the National Education management Information System, NEMIS. Once the learner is admitted (See the admission procedure here: NEMIS guide on how to admit new students/ form ones), you will have to then update their details on the NEMIS. The Ministry of Education requires schools to update the Bio data for students in order to:
- Enable registration of the learner for the National Hospital Insurance Fund, NHIF, services.
- Facilitate disbursement of the Free Secondary Education, FSE, funds for the learner.
- Help the Ministry in tracking the learner.
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
HOW TO UPDATE THE LEARNER’S BIO DETAILS.
- Visit the NEMIS portal at https://nemis.education.go.ke
- Log onto the system by using the official log in credentials; User Name and Password.
- Once logged in, click on ‘Form one Admission/ Reported List’
- The ‘REPORTED STUDENT LIST’ will be displayed.
- Click on ‘BIO DATA’ to update the details for each learner.
- Fill in the Basic, Contact and Special Needs Details for the learner. Save the changes.
- Repeat procedure 5 and 6; until details for all the admitted learners are captured.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
The ‘LEARNER’ tab, on the NEMIS window, can also be used to carry out the following learner related operations:
- PENDING REGISTRATION: View a list of learners whose Registration is pending. These are learners whose details have not been entered as required i.e missing some information like their photographs.
- VIEW MY LEARNERS: A menu used to view the list of all learners whose details have been fully updated on the NEMIS system.
- LIST OF ADMISSION REQUESTS: Shows the list of admission requests as uploaded onto the NEMIS system for approval by the Ministry of Education’s field officers.
- LIST OF PROCESSED ADMISSION REQUESTS: To display the list of learners whose admission requests have been approved by the Ministry of Education’s Field officers.
- RECEIVE LEARNER: Used to admit a continuing learner; who has transferred from another school.
- RELEASE LEARNER: Used to transfer a learner to join another school after the transfer has been granted by the Education Ministry’s Field Officers.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals