NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL LOCATION AND HISTORY
Nakuru High School is one of Kenya’s National Schools located in Nakuru Town, along Nakuru-Bahati Road,500M off Nakuru -Nairobi Highway. It borders Nakuru State House to the East. The school was founded in 1927 as Francis Scott High School but later renamed to Nakuru High School after Kenya attained independence in 1963.
The first stone was laid by the then colonial governor Edward William Macleay Grigg. It has roughly 200 acres of land at the foothills of Menengai Crater. Initially the co-educational institution was reserved for children of the whites who lived in the outlying farming areas and British administrators. All teachers, masters (as they were called at the time) were also white. First formed as a boarding school, it still allowed day bergs on condition that they lived around the school.
By the late 1950s, the school had grown to have a swimming pool, numerous rugby pitches, basketball courts, football pitches, hockey and cricket fields. The school also had well equipped learning resources. It had fully furbished classrooms, and science laboratories. Unique was the weather station where geography students took practical lessons. To keep up with its fast pace of growth, a large contingent of residential subordinate staff was employed.
After Kenya’s independence in 1963, gradual changes followed including being renamed and the first admissions of children of African origin. The first black students who pioneered entry to the school suffered harsh racial discrimination from students of Asian descent. In 1964 the school was opened to girls, making it the only national co-educational school in the whole country.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
You can reach the school on:
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Phone: 0708229091
- Postal Address: Nakuru High School. P.O Box 661, Nakuru
- Website: https://nakuruhigh.ac.ke/
- School KNEC Code: 27500002
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL VISION
Nakuru Boys High School is to be an Excellent trans-formative National School with equal opportunities.
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL CORE VALUES
- Team Work
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL MOTTO
Learn to Serve
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL VISION
To provide a conducive student learning environment supported by vibrant and creative resource utilization in nurturing them into holistic and productive beings in society.
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
Admissions to Nakuru Boys’ High is on a competitive basis; with form one selection done by the Ministry of Education.
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
An academic giant, the school prides itself on its back to back wave of excellent performance at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. In 2018 for instance the school registered a total of 193 students who managed a mean grade of a B+ (plus); with a performance index of 70.577. During the 2019 exams the school entered a total candidature of 255 students.
NAKURU BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL PHOTO GALLERY
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals