This post provides complete information about Mary Mount school. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more. For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Mary Mount Secondary is a County Secondary Secondary School, located near Molo Town, Molo Constituency in Nakuru County, Rift Valley Region; in Kenya. It is a public School. The school is a girls boarding school.
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Mary Mount Secondary
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Girls’ only; Boarding
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: County
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: near Molo Town, Molo Constituency in Nakuru County, Rift Valley Region; in Kenya.
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 27538204
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: 0701 913-803
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS:
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE: https://www.marymount.sc.ke/
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
The school started in 1969 with 40 students as an offshoot of Mt. St. Mary’s Girl’s Primary School. It was started by Missionary Sisters of Africa who cared about the girl child in Kenya- Little sisters of St. Francis took over in 1993. It is a public boarding secondary school affiliated to the Catholic Church.
It started as a single stream school up to 1997 then the first double stream in take was done. By then, Mary Mound had earned her place amongst top performing schools in Kenya. The first double stream class left the school in the year 2000.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S VISION
A School that produces a positively minded, confident and resourceful young adults.
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S MISSION
To offer quality education and instructions that enhances the students discipline, spiritual nourishment, talents and aptitudes.
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S MOTTO
The school’s Motto is: “Education for life”
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S CORE VALUES
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
Being a public school, form one admissions are done by the Ministry of Education. Other forms’ admissions are done at school.
Below is an excerpt for form one interview’s announcement;
MARYMOUNT GIRLS CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL
FORM ONE ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS – 2019/2020
Marymount Girls Catholic Secondary School invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to attend entry examinations into Form One for 2019/20 Academic Year. Candidates should have sat for the 2019 Primary School Leaving Certificate Examinations (PSLCE) or its equivalent.
Registration fees: K10, 000.00 (Ten thousand kwacha) per candidate.
Registration Forms: Collect your forms at the following centres;
• Marymount Catholic Secondary School in Mzuzu;
• St Johns Secondary School in Lilongwe;
• Our Lady of Wisdom Secondary School in Blantyre,
• Karonga Diocese Education Office;
• Zomba Catholic Secondary School;
• St Joseph Parish in Kasungu;
• DMI St Johns the Baptist University in Mangochi.
Mode of Payment: Strictly cash through the School Fees Account number 879158, National Bank of Malawi, Mzuzu Branch; Indicate the name of your respective daughter/ward on the deposit slip. Attach the original copy of the deposit slip to the registration form.
Examination Centres: BLANTYRE: Our Lady of Wisdom Secondary School LILONGWE: St Johns Secondary School
MZUZU: Marymount Catholic Secondary School
Examination Date: 1st June 2019
Requirements: Obtain letters/testimonials from your church and school Head teacher and attach them to the registration form.
Do not send the completed form to school rather bring it the day of examination.
Closing Date: Registration will end on 31st of May 2019. Please note that there will be no registration on the examination day.
Contact: The School Manager, Marymount Girls Catholic Secondary School, P.O. Box 137, MZUZU
Tel : 01 310 407/244
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
The school has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams. In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 137 candidates who managed to score a mean of a B+(plus) with a performance index of 70.644. In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 145 students.
For a detailed KCSE Analysis of the school’s KCSE analysis, visit this link; https://www.marymountsec.com
MARY MOUNT SECONDARY SCHOOL’S PHOTO GALLERY
Planning to pay the school a visit? Below are some of the lovely scenes you will experience.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals