This is a feature about Asumbi Girls High School. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more. For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Asumbi Girls High School is a national girls’ boarding school located in Rangwe Constituency, Homa Bay County of Nyanza Region; Kenya. It is managed by the school’s board of governors. Asumbi Girls is a christian catholic sponsored school.
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Asumbi Girls High School
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Girls’ only Boarding School
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: National School
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: located in Rangwe Constituency, Homa Bay County of Nyanza Region; Kenya
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 41700004
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: 0722 968678
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O.BOX 46-40309 ASUMBI
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE: https://www.asumbigirlshigh.sc.ke/
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
Asumbi Girls’ High School was started on 19th March 1936, by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Saint Joseph as Lower Boarding Primary school, with a small population of pupils, sponsored by the Mill Hill missionaries of the then Catholic Diocese of Kisumu. The school progressed and became an intermediate school going up to std VIII. In 1965 the first form one students were admitted. Three years later in 1968 the primary section was phased out. The following year 1969 the first secondary students sat their “ O” Level examinations.
Those who passed well proceeded to “A” Level Art class in 1970. in 1979 Science class of “A” Level added to the existing Art class. With introduction of the 8-4-4 system of education, the “A” level classes were phased out in 1989. The school is a four streamed public national Girls boarding secondary school.
The school sits on 20 acres of land. From this humble beginning Asumbi Girls’ Secondary School became a full fledged Government maintained School in 1965 managed by Board of governors legally constituted by the Ministry of Education.
The school has maintained it’s catholic tradition. The school’s sponsorship has been passed on from the management of initial Catholic Diocese of Kisumu to the Catholic Diocese of Kisii and presently it is under the sponsorship of Catholic Diocese of Homabay.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S VISION
TO BE THE BEST PERFORMING GIRLS SCHOOL NATIONALLY.
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S MOTTO
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S MISSION
TO PROVIDE AN ACADEMIC, SPIRITUAL AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT THAT EMPOWERS LEARNERS TO ADAPT TO THE DYNAMIC SOCIETY THROUGH QUALITY TEACHING AND MAXIMUM UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES FOR OPTIMUM ACQUISITION AND APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS.
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Phone: 0722 968678
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.asumbigirlshigh.sc.ke/
- Postal Address: P.O.BOX 46-40309 ASUMBI
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
Asumbi Girlsl has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams. In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 235 candidates who managed to score a mean of a B+ (plus) with a performance index of 69.307. In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 405 students.
ASUMBI GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL’S PHOTO GALLERY
Planning to pay the school a visit? Below are some of the lovely scenes you will experience.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals