The Government, through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), is undertaking a continuous enrollment of all Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) certificate holders to join national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions covering polytechnics and technical colleges at Diploma and Certificate levels.
The Government will subsidise tuition fees for enrolled learners by KShs 30,000 per year. In addition, the students will be able to apply for the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) student loans of up to KShs 40,000 annually.
All past and recent KCSE certificate holders, irrespective of their grades, are encouraged to apply for courses of their choice on the KUCCPS website https://www.kuccps.ac.ke.
KUCCPS has service desks at Huduma Centres in Nairobi (GPO and Makadara), Kisumu, Kitui, Mombasa, Kakamega, Garissa, Eldoret, Nakuru, Meru and Nyeri.
The current recruitment drive is open until December 31st 2019 for courses starting in January 2020.
OPENING OF THE PORTAL
This year KUCCPS has opened the portal for all form four graduates who want to further studies to make their applications, online. The online application portal is now open and will close on December 31, 2019.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
KUCCPS Requirements to join Tvet Institutions
To qualify for TVET programmes, one must meet these basic requirements: Must score;
|Level||KCSE Mean Grade|
|Diploma||C- (minus) and above|
|Craft Certificate||D (plain) and above|
|Artisan Certificate||D-(minus) and below|
The available programmes, institutions, minimum entry requirements and the application procedure are available on the KUCCPS Student’s Portal accessible through the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
All KCSE certificate holders who have not benefited from government sponsorship before are eligible to apply where they meet the minimum requirements.
Successful applicants will be admitted to a college of their choice as early as January, 2020.
Applicants who need assistance should visit the KUCCPS desks in the following Huduma Centres: Nairobi (GPO and Makadara), Eldoret, Meru, Nyeri, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nakuru, Kitui, Garissa and Mombasa. Assistance may also be obtained at the KUCCPS offices at ACK Garden House (Ground Floor) on 1st Ngong Avenue in Community Area, Nairobi.
Important kuccps links:
- Physical Location: ACK Gardens, 1st Ngong’ Avenue, Upperhill Nairobi
- Telephone : 020 5137400, 0723954927, 0734879662
- Email : email@example.com
- Postal Address: P. O. Box 105166 – 00101, Nairobi
- Website: https://www.kuccps.ac.ke
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals