After the selection exercise for the 2020 placement of form ones, they will be expected to download their letters through the Ministry of education’s online portal. The admission letter is important to both students and Parents/ Guardians. This is because it enables the two parties to prepare adequately for reporting to selected secondary school.
But, what are some of the key highlights on the admission letters?
Here are some of the common details on the form one admission letters:
- All the admission letters bear the Ministry of Education’s letter head; The letter contains the Education Ministry’s logo and head.
- Name of the student, Index number and Sub County,
- School admitted to (The Secondary school where the student has been placed),
- Reporting date; Which is in January, 2020. The reporting date for 2019 was 7th to 11th January.
- Former primary school’s details; the letter must be stamped by the head teacher, A disclaimer on the letter reads; “This letter will be authenticated on being duly certified by the primary school head complete with a certified copy of birth certificate and finally confirmed by the admitting principal. The letter is issued without any erasure or alteration and cannot be changed through any form of endorsement whatsoever; utterance of false documents is an offence punishable by law.”
- The 2020 fee guidelines from the Ministry (The letter gives fees directions thus; “The maximum fees payable per year is detailed in the attached schedule, do confirm the category of your school before making any payment.”)
- Parents/ Guardians expected to go to schools where their kids have been placed to pick further joining instructions and requirements. (“Urgently get in touch with your new principal at the above school for admission requirements,” says the admission letter from the Ministry.)
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
Other details that learners would get from the selected school include:
- Uniform descriptions,
- Boarding requirements; mattresses, blankets, e.t.c
- Any books’ requirements and
- Other personal effects as may be prescribed by individual schools.
The Government has insisted on its resolve to ensure 100 percent transition from Primary to secondary schools. Consequently, all the 2019 KCPE candidates will get places at preferred secondary schools.