A teacher can apply for a sick leave if he/ she can not attend to duties due to sicness. The teacher should apply to the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, for the sick leave through the head of institution by filling form P.
HOW CAN THE TEACHER APPLY FOR A SICK LEAVE:
- A sick teacher should fill the form P, Sick leave form, not later than 48 hours incase the teacher attended as an outpatient or not later than 7 days where the teacher is an inpatient.
- The teacher’s sick leave form must be forwarded by the head of institution, after attaching medical evidence documents, to the Sub county Director.
- In situations where the teacher can not apply for the sick leave in person, the head teacher is expected to write to the sub county director within a period of 14 days on receiving the sickness information.
HOW IS THE SICK LEAVE GRANTED:
- A teacher will receive full pay for a sick leave not extending 3 months
- A teacher will receive half pay for a sick leave granted for the next 3 months
- If the sick leave extends past 6 months, the teacher goes without pay/ zero pay until she/ he resumes duty.