Grief has engulfed Mukuyu village in Migori county after a teacher killed his daughter for having a love affair. Trouble started on thursday evening after the father got wind that his daughter was sleeping with a man believed to be his boyfriend in a nearby house. Mr Rabet Apitha who is the Ugari secondary school principal rushed to the house to find his 17 year old daughter, Sauline Akinyi, in the act.
The principal then descended on the 19 year old boyfriend, identified as Ibrahim Kerario Rioba, who managed to escape with injuries. He could now turn to his helpless daughter, a form four student at Ugari mixed in Migori county, whom he beat with a cooking stick.
The girl sustained serious injuries on her head and hands. Mr Rabet escorted her girls to their house. On the same night, the girl collapsed and was rushed to to Neocare clinic in Mukuyu where she was treated. But, her condition continued to deteriorate and was later transferred to Migori Level 4 Hospital where she died while undergoing treatment.
- Latest Teachers’ Salaries after implementation of the CBA
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
BOUGHT A COFFIN
The father quickly bought a coffin for the deceased girl and arranged for her transfer to his ancestral home at Bondo town in Siaya county for burial. It is one of his sons who was angered by the father’s actions and reported the matter to the local ‘Nyumba Kumi’ elder Elisha Otieno. The elder rushed to Uriri police station where he informed the incident to the OCPP sergeant James Kipchirchir.
The police intercepted the body at Homa Bay town on Friday while on transit to Bondo. It was later transferred to Ombo hospital in Migori for autopsy.
The man has since been arrested and taken to Uriri police station and is to be arraigned to answer to murder charges.
The latest incident comes even as debate continues to rage on the high number of cases of school girls getting pregnant during the covid 19 pandemic break. The reports rattled education cabinet secretary George Magoha who said the numbers are unrealistic and obnoxious.
- The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, website and portals; Your guide to the KNEC Online Services.
- 2020 KCSE, KCPE Exams news: Schools told to log into portal to edit candidates’ data
- 2020 Knec projects for KCSE candidates: How to capture Milestone 1 and 2 marks and photographs (Pictorial evidence).
- KCSE 2020 revised, final, timetable free pdf download: Details
- KNEC releases deadline for verification of 2020 KCPE, KCSE candidates’ data: Procedure
- 2020 KCSE instructions for Subjects with Projects/ Practicals: KNEC Latest News
- Knec removes UPI requirement for exam registration
- 2020 KCSE, KCPE exams’ new instructions, deadline for candidates’ registration; Plus Qualifying Test Examinations