The County Education Board Shall be composed of twelve members as follows:
- An Educationist of at least five years standing, based in the county
- The county Director of Education or his/ her representative who shall be the Secretary to the County Education Board
- A representative of the County Government Executive in charge of Education
- A representative of the Teachers Service Commission, TSC
- A Member representing the National Council of Churches of Kenya and the Evangelical Fellowship of Kenya
- A Member representing the Kenya Episcopal Conferences
- A Member representing the Muslims Education Council
- A representative of the Association of Private Schools
- A representative of the Trade Union Representing the interest of teachers
- Two representatives of Parents Teachers Association
- Two members nominated by: the Primary Schools Head Teachers’ Association (KEPSHA) and the Secondary Schools Principals’ Association (KESHA).
- A representative of a Child Rights’ Organization.
NB: All members must have a minimum qualification of Secondary Education Certificate, KCSE.