Kenyans wishing to travel out of the country are always required to apply for, renew or replace their passports. Processing and payment for the passports is done online. After filling out the required information, one is expected to print out a form that must be signed and dated. Attached to the form should be a copy of the National Identity Card, ID, and passport size photographs; recently taken.
Payment for the Passport processing fee can be done via mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards and online banking from local banks. It should take atleast 10 working days for one to get his/ her first passport once the form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take atleast 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
STEPS OF APPLICATION
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices.( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
DURING THE SUBMISSION YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
IF YOU HAVE ANY ANY ISSUES OR QUESTIONS, CALL
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206