- A Head of institution may initially issue a verbal warning or caution the teacher in writing on minor breaches.
- In case of persistent misbehaviour, the teacher may be required to show cause why disciplinary action should not be taken against him/her.
- From the teacher’s response, the head of institution may serve the teacher with a warning or present the case before the agent.
- Investigate and assemble relevant evidence.
- Invite the accused teacher in writing to defend himself/herself against specified allegation.
- Call witnesses to give evidence in the presence of the accused teacher.
- Allow the teacher to cross-examine each witness.
- In case of desertion where teacher’s whereabouts is unknown, the agent will interdict without any delay.
- No case to answer.
- Warn the teacher administratively.
- Interdict the teacher.
NB: In some cases TSC or agent can interdict a teacher without inviting him/her for preliminary hearing.
An interdicted teacher should write a defense statement within 21 days from the date of interdiction and provide contact address.
A case will normally be heard within three months after interdiction. In case of delay the teacher is advised to make enquiries.
Teachers interdicted on cases of incitement, insubordination, infamous conduct and negligence of duty will be paid half salary during the period of interdiction