Strathmore School is a a prestigious private, independent, boys’ day school located in Nairobi; Westlands Constituency, Kenya that follows the 8-4-4 curriculum. The school was started as a Sixth Form college in March 1961. In 1977 the first Form One students were admitted, and in 1987 the first Standard One pupils.
Today, there are around 630 students in the school with a significant number of them receiving financial aid. Strathmore began as a Sixth Form College offering a full range of Arts and Science subjects. The first Form Five students enrolled in March, 1961, and sat the Higher School Certificate Examination in November 1962.
Accountancy studies were added to the College Curriculum in January, 1966, when the first students registered to prepare for the Association of Certified Accountants examinations. The first Form One students enrolled in January, 1977; during the years 1977-1980 the Secondary School was expanded to include Forms One to Four.
The College is managed by Study Centres of Kenya. The land and buildings of the College are held in Trust by Strathmore Registered Trustees which is incorporated as a charitable Trust under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Ordinance.
With the starting of the Primary School, the Trustees have organized Strathmore College into two levels: ‘Strathmore College School of Accountancy’ for post-secondary studies and ‘Strathmore School’ for primary and secondary Studies.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
The school participates in the following Extra Curricular activities:
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
The School’s chief purpose is to develop the minds and consciences of its students so that they can become self-disciplined and resourceful, and therefore better able to serve society in a useful way. Above all, the School emphasizes academic excellence and moral integrity. The School aims at creating an environment that is conducive to learning; both experienced teachers and well-motivated students strive to create this environment.
Through daily close contact with the students in the classroom, in extra-curricular activities and on the sports fields, the School Staff strive to develop in the students such qualities, such as honesty, responsibility, good use of freedom, tolerance, and hard work. The School aims at providing an education based on Christian principles and accepts worthwhile students regardless of creed.
Srathmore Court of Arms
The lion is the symbol of strength, power, courage of determined fight for excellence and justice. It also represents Kenya, our country, which has all the qualities mentioned above.
The Rose in full blossom represents, love, the source of all good desires and actions, even if at times it requires loving sacrifice, represented by the thorns the rose shows in its stem. The rose has some supernatural meaning. Love, in capital letters, is love of God. And also it has some historical meaning associated with the life of Blessed Josemaria who inspired and encouraged those who started Strathmore: He received a sign by means of a wooden gilded carved rose in a very trying moment of his life.
The Three hearts represent the three races which, in 1961 when the School started, were segregated in the colonial system of education. The heart represents the person, since it is taken as the source of all our actions, and the source of love. Being the three hearts of the same colour it shows the radical equality of all people. At the beginning it clearly meant the unity sought of the three major races. These days it means the co-operation of parents, teachers and students towards the same aim.
The motto “Ut ommnes unum sint” is in Latin. It is a quotation from a passage of the Gospel, and translated means “That all may be one”. It expresses the desire of working together towards the same aim, in spite of individual legitimate opinions, preferences and tastes.
The colours in heraldry (the science of making coats of arms) have associated meanings as follows:
- Blue (Azure) Sky blue means high ideals, high aims;
- Red (Gules) Blood red means sacrifice, love, fortitude;
- Yellow (Gold ) Gold means eternity, perfection.
More articles on Education News;
- KNEC- How to download Contracted Professional’s Invitation Letters
- TSC: Detailed guide on using the new TPAD 2 System
- TSC: How to register for AON medical Scheme services via the mobile phone
- The TSC GP69 Medical Form
- TSC: All forms for TSC leaves
- TSC: Latest Designation codes, salaries and job groups for teachers
- KNEC- Guide on how to successfully register candidates for KCSE, KCPE exams
- KNEC: Grading System for KCSE exams
- KNEC- How to correct KCSE, KCPE registration details for Candidates
- 2020 Term Dates for schools and Colleges
- P1 Teacher Training intake news
- KNEC instructions on Grade 3 Learners Assessment
- How to apply for the Kenya Education Fund Scholarships for all learners
- Gazetted School reporting and departure times for teachers and students: School routine
- Education Ministry’s guidelines on Learners’ Discipline
- KNEC: How to revise form one schools’ selections for KCPE candidates
- KNEC Examiners: Here is all that you need to know
- KUCCPS: Instructions for students on admissions to Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges
- KUCCPS: Inter Institution Transfer guidelines and procedure for students
- HELB: This is all you need to know concerning HELB loans application, processing, disbursement and repayment
- HELB: Procedure for applying for HELB loans online
STRATHMORE SCHOOL KCSE RESULTS ANALYSIS
The school has posted impressive performance at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams over time.
2017 KCSE RESULTS ANALYSIS
Strathmore School presented 88 candidates. The school posted a good performance, with an average of 9.190. 3 students scored straight A, 15 scored A-, 23 scored B+, 24 scored B, 9 scored B-, 6 scored C+, 6 scored C, and 2 scored C-. This, therefore, gives a transition rate of over 90% to university.
The subjects that scored the best means were Computer Studies with a mean of 12, Mathematics with a mean of 10.557 and French with a mean of 10.133. Improvement was noted in Computers Studies, Chemistry and English.
The table below is a summary of the performance.
2018 KCSE Results Analysis
In 2018, Strathmore School presented 84 candidates who registered 9.988 points (a performance index of 72.28) to emerge the best school nationally.
In 2019, the school registered a total of 84 candidates.
Strathmore school Contacts
At one time if you wish to contact the school, use any of the contacts below:
- School Name: Strathmore school
- Physical Location: Nairobi
- Address: P. O. Box: 25095, NAIROBI 00603
- City/Town: Nairobi
- School Code: 20406020
- Phone Number: +254722221221, +254718222222, +254733937945, +2540202398488, +2540202398311
- Website: https://www.strathmore.ac.ke/
- County: Nairobi
- School Category: International School