Nyanza Region Boys’ ‘Chapa Dimba na Safaricom’ Defending Champions, Ombek Red Devils, were on song this past weekend after they defeated Oyugis Academy 2-0. Ombek bagged the Rachuonyo Sub-branch trophy, to book a ticket at the next level. SEP ladies, also, from the Nyanza South sub-branch overcame Ombek ladies to bag the next level ticket. The two clashes went down at Ober Primary’ play ground in Oyugis, on Saturday 1st December- 2018.
This is a wrap up of the results from the various Sub-branches:
Nyanza South Sub- Branch:
- Ombek Red Devils 2 vs 0 Oyugis Academy
- Kisii United 0 vs 1 Victoria Strikers
- Matongo 0 vs 1 Springs Nyamira
All the four sub branch boys’ and girls’ winners will converge at the Kiendenge grounds in Nyamira to contest one boys and girls ticket to the regional finals, this coming weekend.
Nyanza South Sub-branch:
- Nyamonye FC were declared the Bondo sub branch winners after emerging top in the Sub-branch’s round robin fixtures. Nyamonye joined the already qualified Nyamira Girls who saw off two other teams last weekend to lift the ladies sub branch title.
- South East booked Kaudha in the final of the boys Siaya sub branch title next weekend after coming through games played at Siaya Prisons and Wagai Primary, respectively. The winner of that duel will join Yala Ladies in the final round of games.
- In Kisumu, champions Manyatta emerged as winners in their Sunday game. They will be defending their sub branch title against Alango and Usoma Beach Boys beach boys next weekend. Manyatta Girls won the ladies title after seeing off Ayaro at Kisumu day.
Elsewhere, NCEOD Queens from Suba Sub-branch humbled Migori Education Centre, from Migori Sub-branch, 4-2 on post match penalties to bag the Nyanza Regional Finals’ ticket, in the girls’ category, slated for February 2019. Also qualifying, in the boys’ category, is Nyamaharaga from Kuria Sub-branch who overcame Homabay’s Kirindo by a solitary goal. These two matches were played on Saturday 1st December, 2018. The Nyanza Regional finals shall be staged in Kisumu. Last year’s edition was held in Kisii County at the Gusii Stadium.
Ibinzo Girls from Kakamega sub-branch beat Butere Girls’ Red Commandoes 4-3 in post-match penalties at the Boma Grounds, Mumias to book a ticket at the Western Region’s finals. In a pulsating clash played on Saturday 1st December, 2018, the two Ladies’ teams were tied 1-1 at regulation time forcing the post match penalties’ shoot out. Earlier, Mary Macheso had scored for Ibinzo as Faith Magina equalized for Red Commandoes at the stroke of half time.
On Sunday (2nd October 2018), King’andole Queens and Ebbu Stars grabbed the two final slots to Bukhungu after seeing off Lusengeli Secondary 2-1 and Busia Wolves 1-0, respectively. Celista Nabwire and Brenda Nekesa scored for King’andole Queens as Purity Minayo got the consolation for Lusengeli Secondary. Ezekiel Sunday’s first half strike for Ebbu Stars stopped Busia Wolves in their tracks.
The Western Regional finals will be held at Bukhungu Stadium, Kakamega on January 12, and January 13, next year (2019).
Teams that have booked tickets to the Chapa Dimba na Safaricom Western regional finals
- Bishop Njenga (Lugari),
- Brenda Girls (Bungoma),
- Ibinzo Girls (Kakamega),
- Kigandole (Busia)
- Ebbu Stars (Vihiga),
- Bukembe Friends (Bungoma),
- Lugari Blue Saints (Lugari),
- The Saints (Butere-Mumias)