The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) partners the Executive Committee of the Kenya National Drama and Film Festival (KNDFF) to be one of the sponsors of drama and film festivals
On Saturday 30th November 2019, a team from TVET Authority broke the good to trainers and adjudicators during a national drama and film workshop held at the Kenya School of Government-held at Kabarnet -Baringo County.
The TVETA team led by Deputy Director of Outreach Bibiana Otieno informed the over 400 participants that one of the Authority’s functions is to promote access and relevance of training programmes within the framework of the overall national socio-economic development plans and policies.
The partnership between TVETA and KNDFF entails bringing on board the various stakeholders in the TVET to support and sponsor the festival in a number of ways, including sponsorship and nurturing of the talents.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
TVETA SPONSORSHIP AT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP:
- TROPHIES – TVETA will award each winner with a trophy and certificate at the national championships in the seven categories.
- CASH VOUCHER – Trainers of the teams that will win in any of the seven categories at the national championship will also receive a cash voucher of Sh20,000 each.
TVETA and Zizi Afrique sponsorship at the Regional Championship
- TVETA is currently engaging one of the stakeholder in the TVET sector- Zizi Afrique foundation.
- The partnership will cascade this sponsorship by awarding regional winners with trophies in all categories. The best team at the regional level in each of the 7 categories will receive a trophy (7 trophies in each of the 8 regions).
- One trainer per region will get cash voucher of Ksh10,000. (The trainer with the highest score in any of the categories.)
- Customised TVETA/Zizi Afrique certificates for best trainer/actor/actress/soloist/best creative etc
- Also TVETA/Zizi Afrique customised certificate for first and second runners-up
- Play (all levels apart from Early Years)
- Choral and solo verse (all levels)
- Spoken Word (all apart from Primary Schools)
- Narratives (all levels apart from Early Years )
- Modern Creative Dance (all levels apart from Early Years )
- Cultural Creative Dance (all levels apart from Early Years )
- Mimes (colleges and Universities only)
THEMES FOR DRAMA AND FILM ITEMS
Trainers can consider coming up with items revolving on the following themes:
Enhancing access, retention, completion rates in TVET training institutions
- Out of the youth who complete secondary only 10% can join university. Many youths have negative attitudes towards and working with their hands. Most youths want to be employed in office doing white collar jobs. Very few jobs
Enhancing relevant and quality,
Address negative perception of TVET
Gender parity in TVET training and enrolment in programmes
TVET as a pathway to university
Industry participation in the implementation of CBET programme
The future of work – training for skills of today but also think about the work relevant in 10 years later