Private and Sub- County schools selected their form one students manually. Thus, the electronic placement data for these categories of schools is not available in the National Education Management Information system, NEMIS. The procedure below would therefore be helpful in admitting the students:
- Visit the NEMIS portal at http://nemis.education.go.ke/
- Log in by using the set User name and Password.
- Once logged in, select the LEARNER TAB and click on ‘Admit student/ Capture request from the drop down list.
- On the new window, enter the Learner’s Index number or Unique Personal Identifier (UPI) into the ‘SEARCH (UPI/ INDEX) box and press on ‘Check.’
- The learner’s details will be displayed i.e Index, Name, Gender, Marks and the School that the student has been placed (School; Sub- county). Note that the name of the school is not displayed but, only the category; Sub- county.
- Click on ‘Admit’.
- On the new interface, enter the UPI and the Birth Certificate Number, as shown below. Then, press on Admit.
|UPI (Used in Primary, if|
provided by Parent/Student – OPTIONAL)
|Birth Certificate No (Provided During Admission |
by the Parent/Student – NOT OPTIONAL)
8. The admission success message will be displayed on the screen, thus;
|THE STUDENT HAS BEEN ADMITTED TO THE SCHOOL. ENSURE YOU CAPTURE BIO-DATA IN ‘THE LEARNER’ TO BE ABLE TO BE ENROLLED IN NHIF / CAPITATION / MOE-TRACKING.|