TSC Curriculum Support Officers, CSOs, are Sub-county based TSC Secretariat staff who assist teachers in curriculum related matters. These devolved units were formed for purposes of providing quality teaching and learning, within Sub-counties.
The TSC Curriculum Support Officers are directly answerable to the TSC Sub-county Directors; in discharging their duties.
ROLES PERFORMED BY TSC CURRICULUM SUPPORT OFFICERS.
Here are the roles performed by CSOs:
- Identifying the training needs of teachers and heads of institution and advising the Commission accordingly;
- Liaising with the Sub-County Director and school administrators, providing support services to teachers and to continuously advising on teaching techniques, appropriate text books, lesson demonstrations and the challenges noted during assessments;
- Organizing and conducting, in conjunction with the Sub-County Directors, courses on curriculum delivery and implementation through seminars, workshops, retreats and in-service programmes;
- Advising teachers on appropriate resources including resource books, consumables, audio-visual aids and other materials necessary for effective teaching and learning;
- Assisting teachers to develop and use appropriate teaching aids and other reference materials;
- Updating teachers on curriculum changes, pedagogy, content coverage and any other emerging issues in the teaching service;
- Developing work programmes for the Curriculum Support Centre;
- Visiting schools, observing teaching techniques, conducting lessons demonstrative lessons and advising teachers on the appropriate teaching methods and techniques.
- Assisting in the setting up and organization of subject and examinations/panels; and examinations and assessments procedures in schools at the zonal level;
- Providing professional guidance and counseling to teachers and disseminating information on curriculum, evaluation, textbook selection and training;
- Collecting and submitting to the Sub-County Director data on school enrollment, staff establishment, staff changes and other related information;
- Participating in the organization and management of co-curricular activities;
- Working with the Quality Assurance and Standards Officer to improve teaching and learning;
- Preparing regular progress reports for onward transmission to relevant offices;
- Performing all other duties as may be necessary to promote standards in the teaching profession.
- TSC Quality Assurance and Standards Officer, QASO; Contacts and Roles
- TSC Staffing Officers; Contacts and Roles
- Dr. Nancy Macharia; All TSC Secretary/ Chief Executive Officers: Latest TSC News
- TSC Commissioners; Current list, responsibilities and qualifications
- TSC Structure: The new Teachers Service Commission Secretariat
- TSC County Directors; Roles/ duties they perform: Latest TSC News
- TSC leaves for teachers: Sick, maternity, paternity, study and all other leaves
- TSC Payslips; Registration, Login, details, password reset and how to download
- TSC allowances paid to teachers: Latest TSC News
- TSC News Portal: The Teachers Service Commission