The National Hospital Insurance Fund, NHIF, provides various medical covers to members. NHIF provides outpatient services to members based on their medical needs, convenience and preference. To register for these services a member must first update his/ her telephone number with NHIF. This can be done by calling NHIF customer care on 0800720601. You can at the same time send an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your phone number is verified you can then select your outpatient facilities by using the NHIF USSD code *155#. This service is accessible via all mobile telephone networks.
Finally, you can use the NHIF official website; https://www.nhif.or.co.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcare/
- Teachers’ AON-Minet medical scheme 2019-2022: TSC finally releases guidelines, full details
- The New NHIF Self-care Mobile App: How to download and use the App
- How to check nhif account status using a mobile phone
- Full details on the NHIF comprehensive medical insurance scheme for Disciplined forces and civil servants
- How and where to replace a lost NHIF medical cover card; plus cost
- How to pay NHIF penalties via Mpesa
- The NHIF EduAfya cover for students; details
- The NHIF Super Cover Details
- How to Pay NHIF monthly contributions and penalties via mobile (Mpesa)
- NHIF introduces new changes on medical scheme, limits number of beneficiaries
USING THE NHIF SELFCARE WEBSITE
The NHIF self care website offers flexibility in managing your account. With this website, you can select/ change facilities, check your status and seek help.
- You can log onto the website by using the address; https://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcare/
- Enter your ID Number and click ‘Continue’.
- A one time password/ PIN will be sent to your registered phone number. This PIN is only valid for a maximum of one day (24 hours).
- Enter the PIN and select ‘Verify’.
- You will then log onto the Membership area/ your account’s dashboard.
- To change/ select your preferred outpatient facility, click ‘Facilities’, followed by ‘Change Outpatient Facility’.
- Select your county and preferred facility.
- It is important to note that your preferred facility may not be displayed once you enter the county name. Thus, type the name of your preferred facility. The system executes an automatic facility search. Click on the facility you would be interested with. In case there are more facilities with same name then enter the correct ‘Facility Level’. There are five levels of hospitals to choose from.
- When all is done correctly, then, finally click ‘Change Facility’.
- To know that your selection has been successful, the NHIF selfcare system will send an automatic message with your membership number, preferred facility and county.
USING THE NHIF USSD CODE
This another way that you can utilize in managing your NHIF account.
- Dial *155# from any line and follow the screen prompts.
Take advantage of the open window to select your preferred outpatient facilities, today. Have a great time.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
Checking Your Account Status
To get your account status via your mobile phone:
- Compose a new sms
- Type the letters “ID”, a space, then your
ID number (or passport number if applicable) e.g ID 12345678
- Send to 21101
Note: Charge for this service is Kshs 10 only.