The Orange Democratic Movement’s (ODM) Top Organ has endorsed recommendation by the Disciplinary Committee to expel Hon. Aisha Jumwa and Hon. Suleiman Dori from the party. ODM’s National Governing Council will be convened to ratify the recommendation. The two Members of Parliament have been disciplined for working with Deputy President, HE William Ruto; who is a member of Jubilee Party.
Here is the NEC statement at the meeting held today at Park Place Hotel on Magadi Road in Nairobi:
RESOLUTIONS OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE NEC HELD TODAY THURSDAY 24 JAN. 2019.
The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party met today to listen to members who have been recommended for expulsion by the Disciplinary Committee of the party.
Today’s meeting was as a result of the resolution by the NEC on the 4 of December 2018 that the leaders recommended for expulsion by the Disciplinary Committee be summoned to appear in person to be given a chance to defend themselves.
In the report, the Disciplinary Committee made a recommendation that the fallowing members be expelled from the party:
- Hon. Aisha Katana Jumwa (MP, Malindi Constituency)
- Hon. Suleiman Dori (MP, Msambweni Constituency)
- Hon. Dan Ochieng’ Were (Homabay County Assembly)
- Hon. Evans Dada Marieba (Homabay County Assembly)
- Hon. Julius Odhiambo Gaya (Homabay County Assembly)
- Hon, Geoffrey Anyango Juma (Homabay County Assembly
- Hon. Paul Ongoro Wamunga (Homabay County Assembly)
- Hon. Immaculate Joice Adhiambo (Busia County Assembly)
These leaders were each accorded adequate time to defend their positions in line with recommendations made by the Disciplinary Committee in a report which was presented to the National Executive Committee (NEC) on Tuesday 4 December 2018 for consideration
Having listened to the each one of them, NEC makes the following recommendations.
With respect to the Two Members of Parliament,
1. The NEC adopted the recommendation of the Disciplinary Committee to have the two legislators namely Hon. Aisha Jumwa and Hon. Suleiman Dori expelled from the party and forwarded the same recommendation to the National Governing Council (NGC) for ratification.
2. That the two be de-whipped from all parliamentary committees they serve in the National Assembly with immediate effect and that the Minority Whip should move with speed to make the communication to the leadership of the House.
Regarding the five Members of the Homabay County Assembly, the matter was adjourned to a later date after they requested to be given time to produce restraint orders issued by the Court in Kisumu barring deliberations on the matter until the case against them is heard and determined by the court.
Mrs. Immaculate Joice Odhiambo’s case was allowed to continue discharging her duties after the committee found accusations leveled against her as unfounded.
Hon. Edwin Sifuna