Migori County boss, Hon. Okoth Obado, will today host the Deputy president, Hon. William Ruto, to commission construction projects in the area. Among other projects, the DP will commission the recently constructed Masara- Suna- Kehancha road and Awendo- Mariwa – Oyani (C727) road in Migori county.
According to the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) report:
“The Kenya National Highs Authority (KeNHA) embarked on the construction of Masara – Suna – Kehancha road in 2013, with financing from the Government of Kenya at a cost of Kshs. 5.7 Billion.”
Today’s visit comes after the DP hosted the President, hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, and Orange Democratic Movement Leader, Hon. raila Odinga. Hon ruto and Odinga have had sharp differences on the proposed referendum.
According to the KeNhA, this is the Summary of works undertaken along Masara- Suna- Kehancha road:
- Construction of Bitumen surfaced road with 6.5 m wide carriageway and 1.5m wide shoulders on each side for total length of 68 Kilometers.
- Construction of the 60m span Migori River Bridge along the Kehancha- Kilgoris (B) road and its approaches.
- Construction of junctions, access, bus lay-bys.
- Provision and erection of road furniture including road markings
- Bridges, Box Culverts and several cross and access pipe Culverts.
The DP who is already in Nyanza has announced that ‘the Tom Mboya Level IV Hospital in Rusinga Island, Homa Bay County will receive Kshs. 20 Million to upgrade (its) infrastructure and buy an ambulance.’
This is Hon. Ruto’s maiden visit to the area after last year’s General elections.
The Deputy President toured parts of Western Region, yesterday (sunday, 4th november, 2018). See photos, below:
The DP and other leaders take refuge after rains disrupted their public meeting at Shianda, Mumias, Kakamega County yesterday