The Kenya Premier League, KPL, has banned 5 stadiums from hosting premier league matches in the 2018/2019 season for failing to meeting set standards. The management of the banned stadiums now has to ensure the stadiums are improved before inspection is done, again, by the Stadia Safety and Security Committee of the KPL.
The banned stadiums are:
- Ruaraka stadium; which is a multi- purpose facility is located at the East African Breweries Limited Industrial Facility next to Garden City Mall on an A2 road (Thika Super Highway) and 11km East of Nairobi Central Business District.
- Mumias Sports Complex; a stadium found in Mumias, Western Region of Kenya.
- Thika Sub County Stadium: Located in Thika town just next to Bus stage; Central Region.
- Camp Toyoyo; in Jericho estate, Nairobi.
- Chemelil Sports Complex; is a multi-use stadium in Chemelil, Nyanza region, Kenya
“They (the stadiums) remain banned until recommendations for the face-lift are met,” says KPL.