The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) opens the Student Portal so as Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations can log in. Once logged onto the Kuccps student portal, the students can apply for courses of their choice, revise their choices and apply for inter institution transfer.
The students can as well check their Kuccps placement results and download the university or college admission letters. Below is a complete guide on how to easily accomplish all the tasks, stated above, at the Kuccps student online portal.
How to apply or revise Kuccps Course selection online
Kuccps allows you to apply for courses of your choice, online. The placement agency gives you three windows in order for you to apply for courses of your choice. These include:
- School application window: This is opened usually before students sit for the KCSE exams. This is the best moment for you to apply for your course choices. This way, you stand a better chance of joining your preferred course and is also it is cheaper; you pay only Sh500.
- KUCCPS first revision: First revision for degree and diploma choices will be on dates to be announced by placement service after the release of KCSE results.
- KUCCPS second revision: Candidates who will not have qualified on competitive selection for any of their preferred choices during the first round of selection will be given a chance to do second revision by selecting courses with unfilled capacities.
- Placement to any programme: Any applicant who fails to qualify for their choices but meet the cut off points for placement may be offered any course with unfilled capacities taking into account the minimum requirements for admission.
Simplified procedure for you to apply for Kuccps placement
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity. KUCCPS Online Application
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay for Kuccps placement application
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820211
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
GETTING YOUR KUCCPS 2021 RESULTS THROUGH ONLINE PORTAL
- Visit: http://students.kuccps.net/
- Login with your details as follows;
- Username: (Use your full Index Number)
- Year: (2020)
- Password: (Use your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE index number)
After login you should see a box at the bottom of your dashboard, first page, with a message that reads
Congratulations, followed by a university you have been placed then finally the course you will pursue.
You can as well download your admission letter from this portal.
KUCCPS 2021 RESULTS THROUGH SMS NOTIFICATION
KUCCPS also sends an SMS to the phone number that you registered under your details in the student portal. The SMS contains your placement details and is sent once the placement results have been announced. Ensure that your line is on so as to receive the results.
KUCCPS- Inter-Institution Transfer Application for the 2021/2022 Placement Cycle
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (Kuccps) opens the online application system for inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications. The application is always open for KCSE candidates who have been successfully placed in various universities and TVET institutions but wish to transfer to other institutions.
Application Procedure for inter institution transfer
1). All applications for inter-institution transfers MUST be submitted online through the Student’s Portal; students.kuccps.net
2). The entire process is automated and printing the filled application form will no longer be necessary.
3). Detailed guidelines for the IIT application are available on the portal.
4). The IIT processing fee should be paid only after the applicant has successfully completed the necessary steps in the application process following the instructions provided in the portal. Do not make any prior payment.
5). Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual purporting to be in a position to assist them. The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
6). Transfer processing fee shall be paid to the KUCCPS MPESA Pay Bill No. 820201.
Please read and follow all instructions provided.
For further assistance, contact the Placement Service through:
1). The numbers 020 5137400, 0723 954 927 and 0734 879 662.
2). Email: [email protected]
3). Facebook page The.Placement.Service
4). Twitter Handle: @KUCCPS_Official.
Before commencing the application for transfer, please read these instructions carefully:
1). For one to be eligible for transfer, the Placement Service must have placed the applicant to the programme one is seeking a transfer from.
2). One will only be able to apply to transfer to a course whose minimum requirements one meets.
3). Applicants to degree programmes must meet the applicable cut-off point for their respective placement year.
4). The programme applied to must have been on offer in the year the applicant was placed.
5). An applicant may only apply to transfer to one programme.
6). An applicant shall only transfer once for the duration of the programme placed.
7). The applicant may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab above and can search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab above.
8). Once the applicant has settled on a preferred programme, only the 7-Character Programme Code will be required.
9). To apply, use the transfer applications tab and follow the instructions provided.
10). An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
11). A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
12). Once one has made an application for transfer, the applicant may monitor the progress of their application via the student’s portal.
PROCEDURE FOR INTER INSTITUTION TRANSFER, ONLINE
Here is a highlight of the steps to be followed to apply for Inter- Institution transfer:
1). Visit the Students’ online portal by using the address: https://students.kuccps.net
2). Then, Log onto the portal.
3). Click on ‘Transfers’ from the main menu followed by ‘Transfer Applications’.
4). Part 1: Enter the 7- character programme code for the course you want to transfer to in the box labelled, ‘TRANSFER PROGRAMME’. Press enter/ ok and the system will check if you meet the cluster requirements for that programme. If successful, you will be allowed to proceed to the other steps; as listed below.
5). Part 2: Transfer Application Details
6). Part 3: Reasons for Transfer
7). Part 4: Transfer Fee Payment.
8). Part 5: Endorsement by the Receiving Institution.
9). Part 6: Endorsement by the Releasing Institution.
SUMMARY OF THE LATEST AND SIMPLIFIED PROCEDURE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
In a nut shell, Students who have been placed into programmes and universities that do not suit their preferences can use the simplified steps below to execute the inter- university transfer process:
- Visit the students’ portal on KUCCPS by using the link: https://students.kuccps.net/
- Click on the transfer tab.
- Now, select the programme you want to undertake by typing in the programme code into the Inter-Institution transfer field. The system runs a check to see if you meet the programme’s requirements. You will only be allowed to proceed if you meet the requirements.
- Next, fill in the reason as to why you want to transfer.
- From the automatically generated link, download and print the pre-filled transfer form that is serialized.
- Take this form to the institution where you wish to be transferred for endorsement/ Approval.
- Secure a release from the institution where you have been currently placed and present the release form to KUCCPS so as they can complete the transfer process.
- A new admission letter will be available at the institution where you have been transferred. You will be informed when it is ready.
- Please note that a fee of Ksh. 1,000 is paid to KUCCPS before the transfer is effected. All application fee payments to the Placement Service must be made to the M-pesa pay bill number: 820201.
- Please read carefully and follow all instructions on the transfer application form.
- For any inquiries and/ or clarifications, contact the Placement Service using their Email address; [email protected]
All the above procedures can only be performed once Kuccps officially makes an announcement. Keep it here for all the latest news from Kuccps.