The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUUCPS) is once again inviting previous years’ KCSE students to apply for a diploma or certificate course of their choice in National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutes or other Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions. This is the third round the KUCCPS will be inviting applications this year. And it is good news to students who sat previous examinations but could not get any training placement, as the KUCCPS has given them chance to apply for training. The training caters for all students from those who scored E to C-.
The online application system reopened on Monday, September 10, 2018 to Sunday, September 30, 2018 for the students to submit their applications, regardless of the year they did the KCSE examination.
Successful students will be sponsored by the Government as follows:
- The total fees will not be more than Ksh 56,420 per student per year.
- Of the total fees, the Government will pay Ksh 30,000 for each student directly to the college.
- The balance of Ksh 26,420 may be raised by applying for a loan from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
A student must apply for placement through KUCCPS to benefit from the Government fee subsidy.
The minimum KCSE mean grade required for Diploma is C-(Minus), D for Craft Certificate and E for Artisan Certificate.
|Diploma||Craft Certificate||Artisan Certificate|
|C – (Minus)||D||E|
All applications must be done online through the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke following the steps below.
- On the website Home Page under Online Portals, click Student’s Portal. This will take you to the Login Page (students.kuccps.net).
- Click the tab Login on the top right corner of the page and enter your KCSE Index Number, KCSE Year and your login password. (Your password is your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Index Number as used in KCSE exam registration).
- After successful login, view the available diploma and certificate courses and their minimum requirements under Programmes, noting down the programme codes for the courses you wish to apply for. You will be required to submit a list of four courses in the order you prefer them, beginning with your most preferred (Choice No. 1 to the least preferred, Choice No. 4).
- Once you have settled on your four preferred courses, click the tab Application/Revision and enter the programme codes in your preferred priority order.
- Click Check Requirements. If you meet the minimum requirements for all your courses, you may proceed to SUBMIT. Where you fall short of the requirements, go back to programmes and select alternative diploma/certificate courses and enter their programme codes, then click Check Requirements again. Repeat this process until you meet the minimum requirements for all your choices, then SUBMIT.
- If your application has been successfully submitted, a blue table titled Active Application will appear on the screen showing your choices in your preferred order.
For more information, you may reach the KUCCPS through the following contacts:
- Tel.: 0723954927, 0734879662, 0205137400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
- Twitter: KUCCPS_Official
The application deadline is September 30, 2018.