Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Karuri Campus is located in Karuri Ward, Kiambaa Sub-County of Kiambu County, about 24 kilometres from Nairobi City. It is accessed through Limuru Road via UNEP Headquarters of Gigiri.
Karuri Campus was started in 1963 as a rural training facility offering courses in Nursing, Food Sciences and Inspection. The Campus started training of students in 2009 with Environmental Health Science (EHS) Upgrading students.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Medical Social Work Pre-service
- Upgrading Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences Pre-service
- Well-stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Well-quipped skills laboratory
- Lecture Halls
- Hostel block
- Sanitation facilities
- Reliable supply of water and electricity
Population of students
It has a current population of 260 students.
Clinical experience sites
Our environmental health students go for clinical placement at the Public Health Departments in the Counties across the country while Medical Social worker students are placed in major hospitals in the country for their clinical experience.
Clubs, societies and sports
- Christian Union
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Young Muslim Students
- Catholic Action
- Environmental Club
- Chess club
- Outdoor and indoor games
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Karuri Campus
P.O Box 765-00219
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them