Kirinyaga Governor, Ann Waiguru, and her Mombasa counterpart, Ali Hassan Joho, headline the list of Kenyans to be feted at this year’s Jamhuri Day Celebrations. This is according to a Kenya Gazette notice dated, 11th December 2018. The appointees will receive the award of Orders, Decorations and Medals from the head of State (H.E Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta) during today’s Jamhuri Day National Celebrations at Nyayo National Stadium, Nairobi.
“In recognition of distinguished and outstanding services rendered to the Nation in various capacities and responsibilities, I, Uhuru Muigai kenyatta President of the Republic of Kenya and Commander-in-Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces confer Awards and Honours to the following persons (See list below)….,” reads in part the, the Kenya Gazette segment.
Those to receive the Order of the Golden Hearts of Kenya awards are:
- Hon Joho Hassan- Mombasa Governor,
- Hon John Mbadi- Member of Parliament who is the Orange Democratic Movement, ODM, National Chairman and Minority Leader,
- Hon. Wambora Martin Nyaga- Embu Governor,
- Hon. Tunai Samwel Kuntai- Narok County Governor,
- Hon. Amoth Cornel rasanga- Siaya Governor,
- Hon. Nanok Josphat Koli- Turkana Governor and Chair to the Council of Governors,
- Hon. Engineer Alex Tolgos- Elgeyo Marakwet,
- Hon. Jackson Mandago- Uasin Gishu Governor,
- Hon. Dr. Alfred Mutua- Machakos Governor,
- Hon. Dr. Laboso Cherono Joyce- Bomet governor,
- Hon. Waiguru Ann Mumbi- Kirinyaga Governor and Vice Chair to the Council of Governors and
- Hon. Jimmy Angwenyi- Member of Parliament.
Those to receive the Order of the Burning Spear award are: Noordin Haji (the Director of Public Prosecutions), George Kinoti (the Director of Criminal Investigations), Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja, Agnes Zani (ODM Nominated Senator), Baringo County Senator Gideon Moi, Chris Wamalwa (Kiminini Legislator) and Hon. Kimani Ichungwah Kimani who is the Member of Parliament for Kikuyu Constituency.
The head of State is currently leading the Nation in Celebrating this year’s Jamhuri Day at the Nyayo National Stadium. The Ceremony is attended by many local luminaries including: the Deputy President (H.E William Ruto), ODM Leader (H.E Raila Odinga) and former Vice President (H.E kalonzo Musyoka) among other leaders.