Today, the Supreme Court has made determinations jn a number of election petitions. Consequently, the Supreme Court has, today, upheld the 2017 General Election victories for:
- Embu County Governor, Martin Wambora. His victory had been contested by Lenny Kivuti
- Machakos County Governor, Alfred Mutual, whose Victory had been disputed by Wavinya Ndeti
- Kwale Governor, Salim Mvurya.
- Kilgoris Member of Parliament- Gideon Konchella
- Bonchari Constituency Legislator- John Oyioka
- Also winning today was Nandi Hills Member of Parliament, Alfred Keter. His election had been contested by Bernard Kitur.
But, the biggest loser, today, was Christopher Karani. The Ugenya Constituency Legislator’s election was nullified by the Supreme which upheld the Court of Appeal’s ruling to nullify it. The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, IEBC, has been ordered to conduct fresh polls.