The Ministry of Education has issued new guidelines on the 2021 form one admission process. According to the latest circular, all 2020 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) students are supposed to report to form one by August 7, 2021.
“As you are aware, the form one students selected to join various secondly schools are expected to report from 2nd to 7th August, 2021. This will be the 4th cohort of 100% transition policy and all efforts should then be put in place to ensure they all transit to secondary school.” Reads the circular, in part.
According to the Ministry, all schools are expected to put in place measures to receive their students and ensure they are well inducted.
“Admission and induction programmes must be elaborate to enable the leamers settle down for the 4-year cycle of Education. Studies have shown that new learners who are inducted properly on admission have a higher completion rate.” Adds the Ministry.
Further guidelines on the admission process have been provided. These include:
- Admission 0f all leamers will be done in NEMIS. All Schools MUST capture their leaners in the system, failure to which action will be taken.
- Where parents/guardians aPPlied for change Of placement and was accepted, the same has been effected in Nemis. Parents/guardians are advised to send their index number to short code 222d3 to confirm, download the new letter if applicable and proceed as guided in the joining instructions.
- Only students who appear on the current NEMIS list of a school will be admitted in that school. The joining instructions must also be stamped by the head teacher op the primary school.
- All deferred admissions will be done offline and processed later. The County Director of Education, CDE, must ascertain all such cases beforehand.
- No school will admit a learner in the system who has not physically reported to school.
- Leaners who are not able to take up their places on the stipulated dates must inform the school in advance.
To facilitate the process of admission through NEMIS, the change of placement system will be disabled on Tuesday 29th July, 2021. Read more details here; How to admit 2021 Form Ones through the NEMIS system: Ministry of Education.
Schools will download their lists from NEMIS as from Friday 30th July, 2021 in readiness for admission of students from Monday, 2nd August, 2021.