The Kenya Universities and Central Placement Service, KUCCPS, has today opened the students’ portal to enable them revise or apply for courses at preferred tertiary institutions. Education Cabinet Secretary, Dr Amina Mohammed, launched the selection exercise today. The 2018 KCSE candiates have until the 23rd of February, 2019 to select or revise their courses selections. The are 529 Degree programmes available for the candidates across 66 Private and Public Universities.
For those who may be wishing to apply for vacancies at the 121 colleges, 203 Diploma Programmes are available, 105 Certificate Programmes and 137 Artisan Programmes.
Students can now log onto the Placement portal at https://students.kuccps.net/ to make their choices.
Dr Amina, while launching the selection exercise, noted that selected students will have up to May, 2019 to apply for the inter- Varsity transfers.
“To ensure that we do not lose time in the selection process, I have this morning directed KUCCPS to open its online application system for this exercise,” Dr Amina said
“To ensure students join courses and institutions of their choice, a one-month window will be opened in May 2019 for the selected students to apply for inter-institutional transfers,” Amina noted.
The CS explained that placement in Degree programnes will be based on merit and affirmative action while, selection for students wishing to join Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) institutions is open up to those who sat for KCSE in 2000.
“Selection to universities will only cater for the KCSE candidates while placement to TVET institutions will cater for all the previous years up to 2000,” she explained.
Here is the presser from KUCCPS:
Online Application for the 2019/2020 Placement to Universities and Colleges
NAIROBI, February 6, 2019
The online application portal is now open for the 2019/2020 placement to institutions of higher learning.
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.