The Public Service Internship Programme is a Government initiative designed to offer the opportunity for college graduates to acquire and develop valuable technical and professional skills while gaining work experience. The programme is also aimed at inculcating in the interns such qualities as would make them patriotic, upright and honest citizens.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of Interns scheduled to take place in the month of November, 2019.
For appointment to an internship position, a candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university;
- Have graduated from college not earlier than the year 2015;
- Be proficient in computer skills; and
- Be energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completing duties mutually agreed upon and assigned by the supervisors;
- Documenting relevant skills acquired in their areas of deployment; and
- Actively participating in any relevant mentorship activities and additional responsibilities designed for the
Duration of Internship
Twelve (12) months.
The intern will be paid a stipend at a rate to be determined by the Public Service Commission.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, the intern will be awarded a certificate.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified graduates are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission’s job portal accessible through www.publicservice.go.ke or www.psckjobs.go.ke by 29th October, 2019.
Application link: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke/LoginappsInt.aspx
How to use the PSC Online system.
1. All first time users of the Online Recruitment and Selection system are required to register by providing ID / Passport Number, Surname, current Email address and a password to access the system.
2. To apply for any advertised job or internship opportunities, log into the system using the ID / Passport Number and the Password created in (1) above.
3. Applicant MUST ensure that information pertaining to personal details, professional and academic qualifications, experience, membership to professional bodies, referees and any other relevant information is provided before submitting the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Applicants are advised to print and keep a copy of the Feedback Report (application summary) by clicking on the Report tab or Application Summary link on the Application Menu.
5. The Online Recruitment and Selection system allows applicants to amend/revisit their application(s) at any time BEFORE the Advert Closure Date.
6. The preferred Internet Browser for this system is Mozilla Firefox
i) The online recruitment and selection system allows applicants to amend/revisit their application(s) at any time before the advert closure date.
ii) Section 100(4) of the Public Service Commission Act 2017 provides that a person who gives false or misleading information to the Commission is, on conviction, liable to a fine not exceeding Kshs. 200,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
Resetting of Passwords
Users who had registered in the previous version of this system are required to register afresh by providing ID/Passport number, surname, email address anda password. In event that you forget the password, click “Forgot Password” link and provide the email you had used to register. A link will be sent to the email address to enable you reset your password.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your ID /Passport Number and full name, or call the following numbers: Landline: +254 (020) 2223901, 2227471 Mobile: +254-724-253807, +254-735-800282
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals